Paris Olympics 2024

Including all pub takings any day racing is on tv

I keep thinking this montage is about to SEGUE into Heroes by David Bowie.

Greyhound track to athletics track conversion starts now

2 Likes

The ad on now is going to drive lads demented.

RTE trolling TFK with an ad for the Dublin Horse Show right after the Olympics ends :grinning:

2 Likes

The only good dog track was Wembley. Bring that back.

They beat the Belgians twice in the Pro League this year so Iā€™m surprised that RTE didnā€™t talk them up on that. They played well against India who got bronze , made the Aussies look ordinary, should have beaten Argentina and beat New Zealand.

I think it should close now and I hope we are all still here in 2028.

1 Like

Iā€™m on my own bud .

Best Olympics ever.

@Rocko lock the thread.

5 Likes

Heā€™s stealinā€™ yards, get back, GET BACK

Good post. This is all majorly taboo. Iā€™ve been called crazy for saying this but the London Olympics led on to Brexit. The Brits completely lost the run of themselves.

The atmosphere in London at the time was mental. You could get drunk just standing on London Bridge, breathing in the air. The only one who called it was actually Morrissey, of all people, said the whole city was like a Nazi rally or words to that effect. He should know.

Centre of Paris is all white and Asian. These are the lads who invented the banlieues

1 Like

Recency bias aside, this was the most enjoyable Olympics in my lifetime. The time zone was perfect. The Parisian backdrop to proceedings just added to it all.

Easily Irelands best Olympics. Even after hitting the post in a few other events.

Beach volleyball under the Eiffel tower. Just iconic.

After we got the kids down my wife, who has no interest in sport, would be glued to the track and field events that would be on that evening.

23 Likes

It was very good. But I think I preferred Barcelona, Sydney and London. Iā€™d rank it ahead of the others since 1988. I also have a soft spot for the Athens Games even if few others do. The last two were shit for different reasons, Rio being a plain shit host and then no spectators in Tokyo, so there was a real appetite for a ā€œproperā€ Olympics.

The Stade De France didnā€™t quite cut it as a classic Olympic stadium for me. Thatā€™s one thing LA will have over it.

Can a centrist dad on tfk tell me some facts around the Algerian boxer who all the controversy is about?
Not cheasty or Kyle someone whoā€™s more neutral.

1 Like

The people who claim theyā€™re centrists generally arenā€™t centrists. Somebody like Charles Kennedy was a genuine centrist, but there were/are few enough of his like.

1 Like

A wonan from Algeria competed in womanā€™s boxing. Far right snowflakes went into convulsions.

2 Likes

He likes to beat women.

1 Like

Depends what you mean by centre. Up around Pigalle and Boulevard de la Chapelle just north of Gare Du Nord is heavily North African in my recollection.