PDC Darts Tournaments + News

webster does’nt deserve to lose

Stompe playing better than Barney arguably. Barney is poor and i would write him off entirely as far as the World Championships go. I can’t believe he is as low as 11/1 in places.

i said it at world championship last year that i could not see barney winning another major. if i recall a forum member wanted to nominate me for IOTM :lol:

:lol:

Nice to see the Dutch winning it. Holland is the home of darts after all. I think it’s fair to see that the best countries in World darts contested the group stage of this. :clap:

Barney: “When this tournament was on i told the Dutch not to come over for it as there was no way we could beat Taylor and Wade, the two best players in the world.” :rolleyes:

The likeable Co Stompe can take most of the credit for that win. But the Dutch can count themselves fortunate.

Because if there’s one thing this tournament showed, it’s that an England team not captained by Martin Adams is a sham.

Phil Taylor, England captain :lol:

Mervyn King v ‘The Count’ Ted Hankey will be on in about 10mins here in the UK Open. Should be a mouthwatering affarir.

Hankey well beaten 4-1. It will be a while yet before he gets up to the standard of the PDC.

Agreed. He thinks he is still in the bdo playing against minnows. This was only a qualifier to get into the UK Open and he got well beaten. He will have to go back to the practice boards and put the hours in if he wants to make it in the PDC.

I hope to be back posting up news updates and opinion of BDO tournaments very soon, but as Ted said at Lakeside this year, I just have a few things to sort out in the meantime.

Another former bdo darling finding life too tough in the PDC as Dean Winstanley is brushed aside by Terry Jenkins.

Elsewhere in the round Jamie Caven picked up what i would consider a surprise victory agaisnt the steady Mark Hylton. The Leicester man won 9-7.

All the BDO blow ins gone now. Time to get down to the real stuff. Phil “the greatest darts player ever” Taylor can be got at 13/8 to win it out. It looks nailed on the way he is playing at the moment. He has it handy in the next round playing Baxter.

Taylor cruises past Baxter with a 110 average into the quarter-final, will take something remarkable to stop him. Incredible scenes on board 2 where Paul Nicholson missed 10 shots for the match and let Denis Ovens pull off a staggering 9-8 comeback victory.

That’s Ovens’ second major comeback today. He was 6-0 down to Brendan Dolan and won 9-8. Denis has reached the semi-finals of this competition each of the last two years.

The 1/4 final draw

Wes Newton V Robert Thornton
Dave Chisnall V Raymond van Barneveld
Phil Taylor V Terry Jenkins
Denis Ovens V Jamie Caven

Robert Thornton providing another shock defeating Wes Newton to set up a semi with the impressive Dave Chisnall. Taylor leading Jenkins 4-1 here at the break.

Robert Thornton beats Phil Taylor 11-5 in the final. Absolutely stunning.

Shocking. The dour Scot (i believe he is a hun) must have been a big price at the start.

250/1 mate. And yes, he is a hun.