PDC Darts Tournaments + News

A “showpiece” final and not one post. Proof that the PDC can’t compete with the BDO in the minds of real Darts fans.

Thinly veiled “i’m here watching this thrilling final and i’m dying for someone to converse with so i’ll bump this thread” post from Sidney there IMHO.

I’m watching it but it’s a poor substitute for the real thing. It feels like a very long four months to Bridlington and the World Masters.

Embarrassing darts by Van Barneveld there.

He required 65; hit bull instead of 25 and then 16 instead of 7 to bust himself.

Laughably poor standard compared to the BDO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q49xYlgoeCo

Very poor sportsmanship by Van Barneveld as he walked off stage in a huff at the end before the organisers made him go back. No way would that happen in the BDO.

Taylor very unsporting in his interview calling Barney a ‘bad loser’. They lack class and don’t respect the game.

Taylor is a real Little Englander isn’t he. You actually couldn’t blame Van Barneveld for wanting to get out of the arena as quickly as possible, a very hostile threatening atmosphere, so different to the welcoming and inclusive atmosphere at BDO venues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q49xYlgoeCo

Roughly between 5.50 and 6.30 in this video, Fleet is jeered and heckled by the BDO crowd after throwing a combined total of 5 from three darts.

Not very sporting towards a man who was clearly a bag of nerves on the night…

A reminder of what was a tremendous championship.

Thanks for that, Dunph. :clap:

Fleety remains my avatar to this day.

Live World Grand Prix darts from Dublin on Sky here. Limerick’s very own Willie O’Connor headlines tonight…

Willie O’Connor, from the sporting capital of Ireland, due on stage after the break…

The crowd going absolutely bokers here. :smiley:

Fleety would beat this useless gimp from Limerick. :lol:

I never knew Declan O’Sullivan played Darts.

:rolleyes:

A big crowd of alright sorts up from Cappamore in Limerick for it…

I don’t know if i’ve mentioned it but i’ve actually threw arrows with O’Connor. He’s come a long way since then, no doubt gaining confidence from beating players like me…

Was he blindfolded and throwing them with his back to the board from 25 feet away?

Bates averaging 71 yet still hammering him. He’s utterly hopeless.

Huh?

It was purely nerves and the pressure of having to represent Limerick in darts…

I thought Willie’s scoring was quite good myself. Missed doubles killed him. In straight 501 with no double off he might be ok.