People Kev knows

I know Karl

I know Karl

I actually know Lacey too. I’ll get to the bottom of Kev’s claim. :thinking:

He comes from good Laois stock

Is that why you wikipedia’d him working in a bank???

Yes, mate.

Weirdo

Don’t know where to put this but my Fiancé has just been reading one of Kevs posts in a Coaching Science group. Interesting question BTW @caoimhaoin

Coaching Science?

kev is the best science coach in Munster

2 Likes

It’s already been done to death here so I’m not going into it again.

1 Like

Did your partner read it here too? Was she irked?

Does you missus have the horn for Kev? Is that why you killed her?

1 Like

Interesting also the way the academics look at it.

The really interesting guys are the young scientists and academics directly involved in sport day to day. A few guys in England involved in Rugby and Hockey applying the constraints-led approach very well.

Its something that has been happening for years, i was introduced to it by Mickey Ned O’ Sullivan in the early 2000’s and used to some degree ever since. My true understanding of it has only evolved in last 2-3 years.

Have learned a nice bit from that group.

I only glanced through the thread but I know from talking to people who were involved in England Hockey squads that for years ,and still are for the most part, that they only want a certain type of player. This has led to a lot of apathy amongst say the next tier of players who have all the attributes but didn’t conform to the way England hockey wanted them to play. We’ve an ex U21 captain in our club who was in the development squads after 2012 who wanted Ireland to do better at this years olympics and was delighted GB failed.

You are in a hockey club?

How’d the tennis go?

1 Like

Yes, as I have said numerous times on here. I took it up when I moved to the UK

3 Likes

I don’t know the context of all that or indeed the selection policy, so hard to comment. Its just a few coaches i have listened too/watched. Is it they want a thinking man type player?

Personally i think there is nealry always a need for all sorts and having different types of players gives you more tactical flexibility. Like Kerry v. Mayo in 14. Donaghy was another tactical option. There was no genius or moving around in that, just we know we can circumvent Mayo in another way now. I think if at all possible you retain some of that. Dublin have it in O’ Gara.

Now i don’t agreed with many of the things the scientists or psychologists believe in. They are always thinking elite athlete and can be pretty unpractical sometimes.

As i thought about the question more i realised its possible that tactical confusion might actually be related to injuries as well.

I see endless possibilities in transfer of coaching to soccer and hurling in particular. Hockey ireland is very well run.
I have a mate who did the Coaching Courses, an established GAA and S&C Coach. He was in tatters for days after the assessment from the demonstrations.
You would really wonder how they get into some of the positions they do.

I love it to be honest, great to watch and very tactical. They have the balance of sport, effort and life bang on in Irish Hockey anyway.

How did you find the transfer? Its much quicker than hurling, on the ground anyway.