Pick your 3 top gaa games of 2015

AND WHY COME ON in gaa

Been s poor year Joe in fairness.

Tipp Galway
Kerry Cork
Last ten minutes of Dublin Mayo first match.
Thought u21 Munster final was ok too

Westmeath v Meath
Laois v Offaly
Waterford v Cork

1 Like

Clare V Limerick U21, Galway V Tipp rest in both codes were piss.

Galway v Tipp was the only good game in hurling.

I enjoyed Meath v Westmeath in football. Can’t think of any other good ones. Dublin v Mayo part one I suppose.

Laois v Offaly. Galway v Tipp. Limerick v Clare u21.

A couple of neutrals from Munster seem to have attended Laois v Offaly. The pull of the Leinster Championship. :clap:

2 Likes
  1. Galway v. Tipp
  2. KK v. Galway (minor SF - fantastic tussle over 2 games and extra time)
  3. Mayo (god help us) v. The Duds (drawn game - had a bit of everything thrown in)
3 Likes

Donegal v Tyrone
Tyrone v Monaghan
Donegal v Galway

1 Like

Cork and Kerry first match was the best football match of the year for me.

1 Like

Beating Clare in Senior
Beating Clare in U21
Galway beating Tipp

3 Likes

Tipp Galway
Cork Clare
Dublin Mayo ( draw)

The bad weather this year contributed in a big way to one of the worst summers in years for the quality of games. Not too many memorable ones at all .

I enjoyed the ulster football final immensly

1 Like

Laois v Offaly
Laois v Antrim

1 Like

There is a difference between quality and excitement. Some games are riddled with errors which can lead to high scoring affairs and exciting matches but can actually be low on quality. The quality of football in the Tyrone Monaghan game was outstanding, some of the scores were immense. Hughes, Duffy x2, McManus x2, Mone, McCurry, McMahon, McNamee, McNabb all hit absolutely terrific scores from play that day.

1 Like

There’s a widely held view out there that it was a very poor football championship. It wasn’t brilliant, but neither was it very poor.

The Dublin-Mayo replay was a great match. The draw, while disappointing for much of it, was as nerve racking a game as I’ve ever been at towards the end.

The drawn Munster final was also a great match, as was Westmeath v Meath.

Other good matches were:
Kerry v Tyrone
Donegal v Tyrone
Fermanagh v Roscommon
Laois v Antrim

Tyrone for all the shit put in a great team performance against Monaghan, who did likewise against Donegal. And Donegal-Tyrone was also good.

Tyrone-Monaghan and Dublin-Mayo (1) also had the thing that people love more than anything else, despite claiming otherwise - controversy. You can’t beat it, really. Other sports can’t compete with GAA for controversy.

You can’t argue that the best team hasn’t won the All-Ireland, and Dublin are right up there now with the Kerry and Tyrone teams of the last decade in terms of greatness.

Hurling on the other hand, bar Galway v Tipp, had the worst championship I’ve ever seen.

2 Likes

Cork-Kerry Munster draw.
Tipp-Galway semi final
Westmeath-Meath Leinster semi final

Agree with most of that. It was a decent football year. Football is a far better package nowadays to hurling, which is quite boring generally.

Galway v Tipp
KK v Galway (AI)
KK v Galway (Leinster final)

2 Likes