Brendan Maher (Tipp)
Shane McGrath (Tipp)

Richie Power (Kilkenny)
Noel McGrath (Tipp)
Lar Corbett (Tipp)

Eoin Kelly (Tipp)
John Mullane (Waterford)
Patrick Horgan (Cork)

I’d have fennelly and power off the Kk team, brick and mullane from the Deise then fill the rest from Tipp. Donal og in the goal now that I think of it.

No James McGarry?

Brendan Cummins (Tipperary)

Noel Connors (Waterford)
Paul Curran (Tipperary)
Pádraic Maher (Tipperary)

Tommy Walsh (Kilkenny)
Michael Walsh (Waterford)
JJ Delaney (Kilkenny)

Brendan Maher (Tipperary)
Michael Fennelly (Kilkenny)

Henry Shefflin (Kilkenny)
Noel McGrath (Tipperary)
Larry Corbett (Tipperary)

Eoin Kelly (Tipperary)
Richie Power (Kilkenny)
John Mullane (Waterford)

A bit of poetic licence there.

Paudie Maher will certainly pushing hard for a place after today. Outstanding second half performance. Personally think Maguire deserves the goalkeeping spot based on excellent form throughout the League and Championship, bar the first match against Waterford. That’s also why I’ve gone for Horgan, leaving aside his Munster Final performances.

Maguire won’t get a sniff of an All Star. Cummins nailed that one down today

[quote=“Fagan O, post: 513808”]
I agree that the selectors will give it to him alright. Had a good year but doesn’t mean he’s the most deserving recipient. Players from perceived weaker counties are usually left out in this situation - Down’s Noel Keith for instance was the best goalkeeper in the game back in 1992 but was overlooked.

[quote=“Fagan O, post: 513808”]

You often get people irrationally trumpeting players from their own counties like in this instance.

Agreed. Cummins was good but not that good.

Sunday Game - Team of the Year

Brendan Cummins (Tipperary)

Paddy Stapleton (Tipperary)
Paul Curran (Tipperary)
Jackie Tyrell (Kilkenny)

Tommy Walsh (Kilkenny)
Michael Walsh (Waterford)
JJ Delaney (Kilkenny)

Brendan Maher (Tipperary)
Michael Fennelly (Kilkenny)

Damien Hayes (Galway)
Noel McGrath (Tipperary)
Larry Corbett (Tipperary)

Eoin Kelly (Tipperary)
Richie Power (Kilkenny)
John Mullane (Waterford)

You nearly had them all.

No particular outstanding keepers or fullbacks this year…

Donal Og
Dalton-Kavanagh-Stapleton
Maher-Brick-Delaney
Maher-McGrath
Larkin-McGrath-Corbett
Mullane-Power-Kelly

Conners, Tyrell, Curran, Fanning, Walsh, Fennelly, Jim Berry and Shane O’Sullivan all wouldn’t be far off…

I forgot Aisake…nobody can criticise him in fairness after the Tipp game

Are you having a laugh? How many goals did yer man leave in for Dublin? And Pa Horgan was actually dropped at one stage.

The hurling is so lopsided now i see a day where only the 2 finalists will get All-Stars.

Donal Og/ Cummins

Dalton
Kavanagh/Curren (really can’t make up my mind, Kavanagh best performance, Curran more good games)
Shane O’ Neill
Tommy Walsh
Brick
JJ
B Maher
S McGrath
Larkin
N McGrath
Corbett
Power
Mullane
Hayes

How many did Maguire have a chance with? I’d say around about none. He made more excellent saves than anybody else t. his yearAnd I’m not just saying this because he’s from Dublin either - McCrabbe was very lucky to get an All Star award last year.

Horgan I picked because of his consistently excellent league form plus excellent performances against Tipp and Kilkenny. Denis Walsh made a serious mistake in dropping him for the Waterford replay.

By the way Kev - Larkin and Hayes? Fuck off.

I’d have Shane Dooley before Hayes or the likes of Pa Horgan. Doubt Shane O Neill will get within an asses roar of it again this year but this is “Pick Your Team of the Year” so each to their own.

For what its worth.

B Cummins
N Connors
S Kavanagh
J Tyrrell
T Walsh
M Walsh
JJ Delaney
B Maher
M Fennelly
R Power
N McGrath
L Corbett
E Kelly
J Mullane
S Dooley

Hayes was superb, his best year ever. Larkins last 2 performances were top notch. Half forwards haven’t been standing out, but maybe you could swap Shefflin with him.

Are you really trying to tell me Pat Horgan was better than Larking this year?

------------------ Cummins -----------------
Connors ------- Curran --------Tyrell –
Walsh ---------- Walsh --------Maher –
-----McGrath--------------Fennelly--------
Corbett-------McGrath--------Shefflin–
Mullane--------Power---------Kelly-------

Larry Corbett hurler of theyear, nominees also to include Tommy Walsh and John Mullane.
Noel McGrath young hurler of the year, nominees, Paudie Maher, and Noel Connors.

Shefflin is inlcuded as he always gets on, and was playing well this year, better than some of the years he did get on the allstar team. Larkin had a poor campaign by his standards, and there is a lack of top performing wing forwards, but John O’Brien did get a MOTM award and was decent in the final. Paudie Maher did enogh yesterday to edge JJ out, and Connors was better than the tow tipp corner backs who go close.

Ah lads not picking Brendan Maher midfield are having a laugh. :rolleyes:

Fennelly was hurler of the year up to yesterday, and was KK’s best player. A toss up between Maher and McGrath and shane just bearely edges it for me.