Posters who got the election completely fucking wrong

Roughly 10,500 posts of gibberish later, time to recap and see how well posters did in projecting the outcome. For full disclosure @labane1917 predicted a FF minority government, still fairly likely I would say, whether it’s FG or SF propping them up.

This is chronological from the start of the first GE2020 thread.

The boss man @Rocko went with a FF/green/Indie coalition. That’s looking impossible now but at least predicted FF in power.

1 Like

@tallback spot on with his projection of a FF minority, but favored a stronger majority government of FF/SF which is still on the cards, the Republican party and the republican party.

@Cicero_Dandi and his assorted Italian aliases go for Aontu, no surprise there.

Now we are getting to the good stuff, that sage political genius @croppy_boy

“SF - becoming increasingly irrelevant” :joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

@tazdedub will the prophetic statement “Leo throwing FG under the bus with the RIC commemoration, clearly wants out”.

This might be the call of the tournament. Who the fuck thought a commemoration of the Black and Tans and Auxillaries would go down well? If there’s one thing that in deeply ingrained in Irish memories, it’s events like the original bloody Sunday, the burning of Cork, the barbaric torture and murder of Irish Republicans, etc.

Asking us to forget it like asking the French to get over it and celebrate the Vichy government.

2 Likes

@Sid_Waddell, Sidney, @scousecafu, etc.

“I think SF could be down to 11 or 12 seats”. Correction, this is the call of the tournament, it’s no wonder he imploded shortly afterwards and is now RIP.

1 Like

That’s it folks, up to #120 of 10,500 posts.

:smiley: :smiley:

I’d say that new lad must be writhing in agony at having to let this go.

2 Likes

Smashing thread :clap:

There’s no real possibility of a minority C and S government when the big 3 only got 30+ seats. 3+ party coalition or 2 party plus indos only options.

That was ahead of the 2016 election when they suffered massive losses across the board.

I didn’t predict that FG and FF would become irrelevant at a greater rate.

Never said anything before this one.

That quote is from Jan 6 you clown

To be fair - no one saw this coming from a SF perspective – People may have predicated a FF minority Gov but not from such a poor platform.

Indeed, but I do think you’ll find I ended that post by saying I haven’t a clue so I was 100% correct on this.

I think I’m on record as saying 2020 would be a yearbook of foreboding for the Irish centre right

Chairman dan/Sidney.

Glad I stayed away from that, how did it go for a finish?

1 Like

A draw.

1 Like