Prayers

One thing my mother taught me Clough was NEVER pray for money and reading your post proves the validity of that advice. Emergency prayer like yours is a bit like going to the Credit Union for a quick top-up : If you ain’t putting it in, you sure as hell ain’t taking it out.
No sympathy from this quarter - on-line poker in a recession pah! the few hours o/t is the answer.

Last time i prayed was when i thought i had some young wan up the duff. Fooking clown text me one day saying she was shitting it cos she was “a few days late”. There was me thinking late for what? and why the fook are you telling me? Then it dawned on me…fooking nightmare. Wouldn’t mind but she was on the pill and i was sporting durex “so thick and strong you can barely feel a thing”. Relax love and stop putting the fooking shits up me. Was home with the folks for the weekend when i got the text which made it worse. Yer wan said she was getting the piss test in the morning and she’d let me know so i left home at the crack of dawn to make sure i wasn’t around them if some bad news camw through. It all got a bit much for me on the Gorey bypass and i had to pull in to compose myself, then i started rattling off rosaries, our fathers, praise be to allah, come back and save me David Koresh and whatever else i thought might make that little fucker turn blue or red or whatever the fuck colour meant jugsie junior wasn’t getting ready to ruin my life. Sat there for an hour with sweaty hands clasped together until the text came through “it’s negative! it’s negative!”, then i drove back to the gaff and took a celebratory dump.

Used to pray just like Rock until a few years ago. I had my set every night which was rigorously adhered to and included a mention of the family members, no extended family or friends though - had to draw the line somewhere.

1 Like

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Superb Rocko. You appear to be one messed up lad at times. That makes me feel good.
[/quote]

What a belter of a line.

I read The God Delusion and am now godless. Plus The Smashing Pumpkins don’t believe in God.

I used to say prayers but they were mostly selfish.

Hasn’t been a religious squabble for a while. I no longer pray. And now that I don’t I can see that it was akin to having a ‘lucky’ pair of football socks. Of course I still have to go to mass once or twice a year for the sake of the parents. It’s a mental environment if you’ve been out of it for a while. Your man up the front chanting away and everyone else chanting in unison after him. Quite sinister actually.

There is no God.

Not even Totti?

He’s a tangible being.

Flano: There is no God.

God: There is no Flano.

Wasn’t there a seminal piece of research on the power of prayer?
It suggested that people that prayed or that were prayed for with or without their knowledge did better as a result of the prayer.

I’m all for prayer, its good for your soul

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]Wasn’t there a seminal piece of research on the power of prayer?
It suggested that people that prayed or that were prayed for with or without their knowledge did better as a result of the prayer.

I’m all for prayer, its good for your soul[/QUOTE]

Some fookers better be praying for me then.

I’m more about sending positive vibes.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]Flano: There is no God.

God: There is no Flano.[/quote]

That makes no sense. Fictional characters cant respond unless someone writes lines for them. Do you write books with God as a character?

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]Wasn’t there a seminal piece of research on the power of prayer?

I’m all for prayer, its good for your soul[/QUOTE]

I worship an invisible sandwich named Ron. I demand our schools recgnise my faith.

[quote=“Jugs”]Last time i prayed was when i thought i had some young wan up the duff. Fooking clown text me one day saying she was shitting it cos she was “a few days late”. There was me thinking late for what? and why the fook are you telling me? Then it dawned on me…fooking nightmare. Wouldn’t mind but she was on the pill and i was sporting durex “so thick and strong you can barely feel a thing”. Relax love and stop putting the fooking shits up me. Was home with the folks for the weekend when i got the text which made it worse. Yer wan said she was getting the piss test in the morning and she’d let me know so i left home at the crack of dawn to make sure i wasn’t around them if some bad news camw through. It all got a bit much for me on the Gorey bypass and i had to pull in to compose myself, then i started rattling off rosaries, our fathers, praise be to allah, come back and save me David Koresh and whatever else i thought might make that little fucker turn blue or red or whatever the fuck colour meant jugsie junior wasn’t getting ready to ruin my life. Sat there for an hour with sweaty hands clasped together until the text came through “it’s negative! it’s negative!”, then i drove back to the gaff and took a celebratory dump.

Used to pray just like Rock until a few years ago. I had my set every night which was rigorously adhered to and included a mention of the family members, no extended family or friends though - had to draw the line somewhere.[/QUOTE]

That’s the funniest post I’ve read in here in a long time!

Pray from time to time but usually again for selfish reasons. Would usually visit a church on Good Friday too.

Made sure I visited one this Good Friday as was playing the Irish poker open* later that day. Paced up the aisle a view times and said my few bits and pieces.

Just as I was leaving an oul one bolted towards me and pushed two miraculous medals into my palm while saying something like ‘it’s great to see young people in the church these days.’ Funny but I keep one of them in my wallet still.

*Prayers worked for day 1, was knocked out halfway through day 2 though :guns:

[quote=“Gaillimharais”]That’s the funniest post I’ve read in here in a long time!

Pray from time to time but usually again for selfish reasons. Would usually visit a church on Good Friday too.

Made sure I visited one this Good Friday as was playing the Irish poker open* later that day. Paced up the aisle a view times and said my few bits and pieces.

Just as I was leaving an oul one bolted towards me and pushed two miraculous medals into my palm while saying something like ‘it’s great to see young people in the church these days.’ Funny but I keep one of them in my wallet still.

*Prayers worked for day 1, was knocked out halfway through day 2 though :guns:[/QUOTE]

Wake up to the power of prayer
Those inbreds in Rathkeale might have been onto something with the stump

You’re quite the man actually.

So great for no longer praying but not man enough to stand up for your pinciples and going every now and again because of the parents.

Faith is something very important to some people. And to come across with a patronising tone about praying such as the above - well there is no need for it.

When it comes to religion each to their own I say. I have seen people slag others for going to Mass, I have seen others slag people for not going to Mass. Neither is acceptable. But never have I seen someone belittle religion whilst at the same time partaking in it because they are too chicken shit to go against it.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]
When it comes to religion each to their own I say. I have seen people slag others for going to Mass, I have seen others slag people for not going to Mass. Neither is acceptable. [/QUOTE]

I would be of the same opinion, I have no problem with someone having certain beliefs, they are not to be belittled…who exactly are we to judge…

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]You’re quite the man actually.

So great for no longer praying but not man enough to stand up for your pinciples and going every now and again because of the parents.

Faith is something very important to some people. And to come across with a patronising tone about praying such as the above - well there is no need for it.

When it comes to religion each to their own I say. I have seen people slag others for going to Mass, I have seen others slag people for not going to Mass. Neither is acceptable. But never have I seen someone belittle religion whilst at the same time partaking in it because they are too chicken shit to go against it.[/QUOTE]
:guns:

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]Flano: There is no God.

God: There is no Flano.[/QUOTE]

That is one of the posts of the year.

:guns:

I haven’t prayed properly for years. I occasionally ask my dead relatives to keep an eye out for and look after the rest of us still here.

I ask God every now and then for one night of no-holds barred filth play with that fat bird that fronts the Gossip and a few blind nuns but nothing yet.
I have asked Satan several times for the same with Adriana Lima and a gaggle of playboy minge but nothing there either.
I have therefore concluded that neither God nor Satan exist.
This chappie might be the answer though
http://intempestiva.blogsome.com/images/pastafarian.jpg

[quote=“Gaillimharais”]That’s the funniest post I’ve read in here in a long time!

*Prayers worked for day 1, was knocked out halfway through day 2 though :guns:[/QUOTE]

You play online? Play on pokerstars myself