Pre-Season Friendlies

[quote=“Bandage”]Settle down there Dorothy!

Pretty lively second half after a very quiet opening period.

Caddis was excellent when he came on and has looked impressive all pre-season. Cuthbert is 21 - well according to the programme from the Shelbourne-Celtic Reserves game last week anyway - and defended well. I’d send McGowan out on loan for another full season and get him to work on his body strength and conditioning. He seems to have good technique and a good attitude. Donati worked hard again and pushed forward, which was encouraging.

Overall, it was a no more than a useful kickaround ahead of Sunday but it might just have saved Strachan’s job.[/quote]

Of course the draw saved you having any mixed feelings also, you being a massive City fan til they got relgated a few years ago

He abandonned Citeh?1 Shame, shame, shame…

Anyway, I missed the game last night as I was kicking a bit of gah, anyone want to give me the synopsis that isnt totally Celtic oriented?

[quote=“myboyblue”]He abandonned Citeh?1 Shame, shame, shame…

Anyway, I missed the game last night as I was kicking a bit of gah, anyone want to give me the synopsis that isnt totally Celtic oriented?[/quote]

it was pissing rain
i switched over before it started

Didn’t pay that much attention to how City played MBB.

Thought they kept the ball reasonably well though but were helped by Celtic trying out a new formation with 1 up front and a couple of headless chickens in midfield which gave City loads of space to pass the ball around in.

Petrov looked lively, Vassell was good and Bojinov looked threatening too. The young lad they brought on up front was alright. Other than that there was nothing particularly special about any of them. It was a real friendly match and only livened up (from a Celtic perspective anyway) when Caddis came on and ran at ye. He destroyed whoever was playing left back for City at the time.

Cheers Rock, I presume the striker that came on was Sturridge, great prospect. Garrido was most likely the left back.

Sturridge was the guy who came on alright.

Garrido was certainly left back at the start, just wasn’t sure if he’d come off by the time Caddis came on. Whoever it was looked a bit slow but Caddis has been running rings around people in pre-season. The new Philip Lahm.

Here’s my take on my favourite English team, Manchester City, based on last night. They zipped the ball around very well at times and have good pace and athleticism throughout the side but they need to be more clinical and I reckon they’re still short a few players despite missing Elano, Jo and probably some other cunts I can’t think of.

Started like this:
Hart;
Onuoha; Richards; Dunne; Garrido;
Etuhu; Johnson; Gelson; Petrov;
Bojinov; Vassell.

The back four were completely untested in the first half with Celtic playing 1 upfront and adopting a Huns at home to Fiorentina style. Garrido was linking up well with Petrov going forward but he literally got destroyed by young Paul Caddis in the second half. Kelvin Etuhu got up and down the line well but his crossing was dire. Vassell is another version of Kenny Miller - all effort and running around like a headless chicken but missed 2 or 3 good chances. Bojinov looked lively and sharp in his 45 minutes but I presume he’s still finding his way back after injury. Sturridge came on and played off the front man and showed good vision. Ched Evans came on near the end for Vassell and forced a good save from Boruc and looked strong and quick. Petrov was good all through. Ben Haim came on for Dunne at half time and his distribution from the back was good but Celtic got more joy through the middle in the second half but it was probably because of a change of mindset rather than any mistakes Richards and Ben Haim made.

Evans is a huge prospect, Pool have been sniffing round. Kelvin is the one in the Etuhu family who got the skill, but yea, his crossing can be hit and miss. I like the look of Sturridge a lot.

The City academy is doing great work when you think Onuha, Richards, Ireland, Jonson have all made the step up.

Wonder what the story with Corluka is, I think he’s a great player, but fell out of favour a bit last season and not much sign of him in pre season.

Actually, I tell a lie. Corluka played the first half and Onuoha came on for him. He was quiet enough. I see he’s linked with Spurs - I rate him highly.

Wolves 1-0 up v Newcastle Utd in the Asia Cup

3-0 to Wolves now :grimacing:

no interest in friendlies, … load of bollocks is all they are

Mason Greenwood is a future world play of the year winner

Probably not the thread for you so.

2 Likes

not for anyone who has still got a flicker of life in them

:laughing:

1 Like

How many times have you seen Greenwood play?

Even game between City and West Ham. The new city kit is gash

Peno hammers :popcorn:

West ham have a full team out. City are holding their own with an academy team, pretty much.