Premier Darts League 2011

Best line up yet, with Lewis, Taylor, Wade, Whitlock, Barney, Anderson, Webster and one more to be announced. Who do ye think will get the final wildcard? I fancy Waites if he wins Lakeside but i would’nt write off Van De Voort or Nicholson for his bad boy image. There promises to be some amazing darts, what a pity there is’nt a night in Dublin.

This is not a darts crowd, this is a crowd of Little Englander boozed up yobs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS6V3S9Q8OE

The BDO tried to have their own Premier League in 2007 but it did’nt go ahead due to lack of interest. Judging by this years Lakeshite i can see why.

This is not a darts crowd, this is a crowd of Little Englander boozed up yobs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4L6qfoqHjs

All simple high-jinks, nothing to see there.

Premier League Line-Up Confirmed
04 Jan 2011 GARY ANDERSON and Mark Webster will make their debuts in Premier League Darts in 2011 after being confirmed amongst the eight-player field for the tournament.

Anderson’s rise to fourth in the PDC Order of Merit has seen him earn an automatic place in the Premier League Darts, which features the top four from the PDC Order of Merit plus four Wildcards in 2011.

World number one Phil Taylor, the reigning Premier League Darts champion, is joined by new Ladbrokes.com World Darts Champion Adrian Lewis and Bodog.com World Grand Prix winner James Wade and Anderson as the automatic selections.

Five-time World Champion Raymond van Barneveld, 2010 World Championship runner-up Simon Whitlock, 2007 Premier League Darts finalist Terry Jenkins and two-time PDC World Championship semi-finalist Webster are the four Wildcards.

Webster, who won the 2008 Lakeside Championship before joining the PDC, is rewarded for a fine run of form recently, which saw him lead Wales to the Cash Converters World Cup of Darts final before he knocked out Taylor in reaching the World Championship semi-finals at Alexandra Palace.

The league stage of Premier League Darts will see the eight players face each other twice before the top four players progress to play in the Play-Offs at the Wembley Arena on Thursday May 19.

After opening at The O2, Premier League Darts will head to the Trent FM Arena in Nottingham, Belfast’s Odyssey Arena, the Westpoint Arena in Exeter and the M.E.N. Arena in Manchester.

Gary Anderson will be able to compete on home soil in Scotland when Premier League Darts visits the S.E.C.C. in Glasgow on March 17, and after visits to The Brighton Centre and the C.I.A. in Cardiff will then return north to Aberdeen’s A.E.C.C. at the start of April.

Sheffield’s Motorpoint Arena, the NIA in Birmingham, Echo Arena in Liverpool and BIC in Bournemouth will then host the event before the 14th and final league night, to be held at the Metro Radio Arena in Newcastle, before the top four head to the Wembley Arena for the Play-Offs.

Tickets will cost ÂŁ30 for table seats and ÂŁ20 for tiered seating at all venues, plus any applicable booking fees. There will be a maximum of six table seats per customer.

Family Enclosure and Disabled tickets will be available at all venues and customers are asked to request the relevant area when purchasing tickets.

Looking forward to this starting. We have been starved of darts action since Lewis won the World Championships.

+1. looks like the best line up yet.

Starts tonight.

Should be a great night of darting action tonight, with some quite open looking games in store. Here are the ties, in running order:

Taylor v Lewis
Wade v Webster
Anderson v Whitlock
van Barneveld v Jenkins

Only Taylor is odds on in any of these matches so that gives you an indication of what we can expect tonight. Draws are common in this competition and i expect to see at least one tonight. I think i will lay Anderson @ 6/5 against Whitlock as i think Anderson could become overrawed on his debut in the competition. If that goes to plan i may well lay Barney as well @ 11/10 as he does not like this format at all and Jenkins seemed back to his best at the World Championships. In the other two games i’d expect Taylor to beat Lewis and possibly Wade to beat Webster provided he turns up. I would see the Wade v Webster match as the most unpredictable of the night…

Darts fans, sit back and enjoy.

id lay wade here against webster. allegedly wade and lewis have being drinking the bollix out of it lately. form in floors have being poor.

Two 180’s there to start the match. Wade is fierce tubby looking alright.

I tried to lay the Anderson/Barney double on Betfair @ 4.5 but no-one would bite…

anderson will have too much scoring power for whitlock id say. i was looking at prices for world championship during the week and taylor is 2s in places. thats a great price as his head was not right this year, understandably due to personal stuff.

What was Wade giving out about there? Prick.

Neither player playing well here. Webster looking nervous on his Premier League debut while Wade has shown me enough that he is too busy on the beer lately to be practicing…

ive always like webster. i think he is about to become a serious darts player

The one thing he has going for him is he is not a prick like Wade or Lewis. I was impressed with him in the World Cup and again at the World Championships but he hasn’t been great so far tonight IMO. Early days in this tournament of course. This match seems to have a draw written all over it…

webster is playing decent enough

just seen 3 dart average of 99. thats class

Wade is finished. Webster has played well the last few legs now alright…