Premier League 2017/18

Unlike the beautifully crafted goal united scored :rollseyes:

I canā€™t recall City ever picking such an attacking side and dominating so comprehensively away at traffird. A gulf in class according to Souness, heā€™s not wrong.

Theyā€™re not that far away I think. The CL run will define the season. Need a consistent striker, lukaku isnā€™t the answer and Zlatan is done. Rashford the best of them, maybe give him a run centrally.

Thereā€™s a gaping gulf in class between City and the rest this season, the league table doesnā€™t lie.

Mourinho is well past his best as a manager. A celebrity appointment whose teams play caveman football and whose judgement of players has been shown to be seriously deficient.

Guardiola, Klopp, Conte, Pochettino, Ranieri, Dyche, Allardyce, Clement etc. are all miles ahead of him tactically.

Even Wengerā€™s Arsenal pummelled Manchester United last week.

De Gea canā€™t work miracles all the time and thatā€™s what they rely on big games as the opposition will always outplay them.

3 Likes

Had you ever heard of Louis Van Gaal before he was appointed Man U manager?

Pogba was a big miss, since he came back from injury heā€™d been in great form. Team lacks so much without him.

League was gone probably even before today.

1 Like

Sort of. Theyā€™ve equalled the 15 wins and 1 draw over the first 16 games of a league campaign recorded by the mighty Tottenham Hotspur of 1960/61. With a trip to South Wales on Wednesday night to face Paul Clementā€™s resurgent Swansea City, Pep would do well to reflect on the fact that Spurs suffered their first defeat of the 1960/61 campaign in Game 17.

@Rocko

Close this thread now

Martial has done OKish . Canā€™t say he has been a success .

The good news for Romelu Lukaku is that Manchester United play Bournemouth at home on Wednesday night.

I imagine heā€™ll be well up for that one.

1 Like

Iā€™d have this City team a touch ahead of that Leicester team to be fair.

6 Likes

Rob Hawthorne might get that game.

Lukaku silences his critics.
Lukaku pays off a portion of his transfer fee.
Lukaku shows no festive goodwill to the Bournemouth defence.

Etc etc.

Everything okay, pal?

Lukaku is a Christmas pudding.

Heā€™s seething at Unitedā€™s almost return to former glories. Between this and JC winning HOTD heā€™s having a bad year, close to mental breakdown territory.

Huh?

It has more relevance today the gold booted preening gimp.

Some TFK Manchester United supporters taking solace in giving Manchester City a test of sorts before succumbing to a home defeat in the derby.

By God.

5 Likes

I donā€™t watch Man U very often but itā€™s never a good sign when a goalkeeper seemingly has to make 3-4 world class saves every other game. When Peter Schmicheal was there and Man U were in their pomp, he was probably called on to make a world class save every 3-4 games.