Premier League 2018/19

Rudiger is an absolute bomb scare of a centre half. He’s the kind of fella that’ll end up at some mid table team (unless Chelsea go that way themselves)

https://twitter.com/yourmcfc/status/1112412833340366849?s=21

In the same fixture last year, a linesman celebrated Spurs getting a pen! What was this fella’s job? Looks like he was having a good laugh at Spurs’s calamities

Obvious fake - the seats say “Manchester United”.

I see Liverpool are playing on Friday night at the Dell. I can recall the corresponding fixture in season 1983/84 was played on a Friday night, 16 March 1984 when it was a clash of the Top 2. Think it was the first ever Friday night match (outside of festive period) and there was a lot of hand-wringing at the time about a world gone mad and the sacrilege of weekend matches getting played outside of 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.

I went to see England v Wales at Twickenham the following day. Scotland won the Grand Slam for the first time since 1925 and Dominic McGlinchey was captured.

Thats the way it is. We go again.

We have somewhat of a chequered history of playing on Fridays.

The last Friday match I recall us playing, away to Chelsea on September 16th, 2016, was a 2-1 win, however.

Before that there was a Good Friday clash with Manchester United in 1998 in which Michael Owen equalised in a 1-1 draw. The ultimate beneficiaries of that result were Arsenal.

There might have been another Friday match Liverpool played which benefitted another Arsenal title challenge, but I’m fucked if I know what it was. Oh yes, I know now - 2004 - eh, yeah, that’s the one, or something. :thinking:

Is Schar suspended tonight?

cc @the_man_himself

If he’s not playing I presume it’s due to a concussion incident in one of Switzerland’s games during the international window.

Suspended

1 Like

Sorry only saw this now. Not sure if he’s suspended or concussed. Arsenal have played some lovely stuff

Luke Shaw will be playing for Kilmarnock in three years’ time, if he’s lucky. He looks like somebody dragged out of a pub to play a Premier League game.

Big fat arse on him.

He will in his hole, he’s a fine player,

United down to ten, Young off

What’s the score?

Shaw is the best left back in the league.

He gave rashford some pass for the first goal at the weekend.

Utd even with 10 men are much the better side still.

1 Like

Lovely ball alright.