Premier League 2020-2021

Edouard to Leicester is the talk.

Fairl embarrassing penalty there from Aguero. A panenka but the goalie stood up by and caught it chest height.

1 Like

Lol

If City go on to win West Ham are looking very good for CL football

If Chelsea win the Champions League and West Ham finish 4th they’ll miss out I think and Chelsea will take their place…

Don’t think so. They’ll be 5 places, the Liverpool rule sure.

Oh yes.

Changed that since I think. Spurs didn’t qualify for the CL when Chelsea won it before

1 Like

No. Max 5 can enter from a country.

That rule of 4th place not getting in only really applied the season Spurs finished 4th in 2011/12. If Chelsea win in Istanbul, finishing outside Top 4, there’s 5 English teams in the competition next season.

1 Like

Has there been a rule change since 2012? I assumed that 4th place would miss out in the event of Chelsea winning the Champions League but finishing 5th. Arsenal not winning the Europa has removed their chance of being in the Champions League of course which makes it less complicated.

I believe the only scenario in which 4th could now lose out is if both European Cup and UEFA Cup winners come from the same domestic league and both have finished outside the Top 4 in their own domestic league in that season. Winners of both European competitions qualify for following seasons European Cup but 5 is the maximum allowed.

Its an issue really that only troubles English clubs such is the depth of competition and clubs in England. Other so called big European leagues are 3 team leagues tops and in most cases 1 and 2 team leagues.

1 Like

It effects Spain as well. They have 5 teams in if Villarreal win the Europa

That’s not the issue under discussion. The issue at hand is the possibility of finishing 4th and missing out on European Cup qualification. The 4th place team in Spain has been in no danger of missing out. It’s always the same teams at the top of the table in Spain. Up to 10pm on Thursday night, there was still a very live and real prospect that the side finishing 4th in the English Premier League just over two weeks later would miss out.

There’s a 3 way title race on in Spain. There’s rarely a title race in England anymore.

Arsenal’s embarrassing surrender prevented thar scenario

Zoomer is an absolute carthorse.

Rudiger on the other hand is FIERCE.

Chelsea will win the CL.

They have City’s number.

City may be due a victory in the final against Chelsea on the basis of law of averages. Chelsea will be looking to beat City 3 times in the space of a couple of months. Although I suppose Liverpool managed that against City in 2018.

There’s far more pressure on City in that final and now they have a Chelsea problem to contend with.

I would admittedly prefer a Chelsea win too.