Premier League Fixtures 09/10

No Grand Slam Sunday.

Arsenal have a tricky period at the end of Jan where they play the other 3 big guns one after the other.

All i know is that La Liga is where it is at…

[quote=“cluaindiuic”]No Grand Slam Sunday.

Arsenal have a tricky period at the end of Jan where they play the other 3 big guns one after the other.[/QUOTE]

They’ll be out of the CL by then though so they’ll be able to concentrate fully on the scrap for 4th place.

Burnley hav a bad time of it in the first 5 games or so. thats them relegated. any team towards the bottom of the league who get a bad start usually end up there for the season

Puke knows the score

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Ah come on Bandage, you are not going to get into this debate again are you?

Granted the EPL is shit outside the top 4 but it is infinitely better than the SPL outside the top 2.

In fact many teams outside of the top 4 are better than the SPLs top two at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Some EPL teams are very effective all right - they’d want to be with all the financial riches they possess. Christ, Chelsea’s power and physicality nearly got the better of my beloved Barcelona. Despite that, the English game remains fundamentally based on athleticism and strength rather than skill and panache. It’s shit, long ball football in the main with the notable exceptions of Arsenal and West Brom - the latter, of course, were unfortunately relegated. Their manager last season was very good though and has a great future ahead of him.

:wink:

he won’t last til Christmas

Ever so slight of a generalisation there.

If the EPL is shit longball football what is the SPL?

Manchester United - long ball merchants
Liverpool - mixture but quite direct
Chelsea - long ball merchants
Arsenal - passing
Everton - long ball merchants
Birmingham Aston Villa - long ball merchants
Fulham - does anyone know?
Manchester City - see Liverpool
Spurs - long ball merchants
Blackburn - long ball merchants
Hull - long ball merchants
Sunderland - long ball merchants
Wolves - long ball merchants
Birmingham Birmingham City - long ball merchants
Burnley - passing, now that I think about it
Portsmouth - long ball merchants
Wigan - long ball merchants
Bolton - long ball merchants
Stoke - long ball merchants
West Ham - passing, now that I think about it

It’s a long ball league.

[quote=“Bandage”]Manchester United - long ball merchants
[/quote]

Obviously dont watch United often enough. :wink:

I watched the most recent game they played.

Welcome back again by the way.

Do you not think it is not primarily based on athleticism and strength though farmer? SPL is excellent league given size of population in fairness, though in comparison to La Liga, EPL, Seria A it is obviously way behind. Bandage is right though in that outside top 4 standard really is dross. Also don’t think Manchester United would have come near winning La Liga last year and that says a lot I suppose. With Ronaldo gone now too I wonder is tide turning even more in favour of Spanish league.

Always find that a strange, retarded argument. United DON’T play in La Liga. Iam fairly sure they are never going to. But - by the same token, Liverpool trounced Real Madrid (2nd in La Liga) in the Champions League over two legs, Real Madrid came second in La Liga and Liverpool came second in the Premiership - to United. Who were outclassed by the La Liga champions. And so on and so on. The Champions League final, the Ronaldo thing, and certain other rumours suggest that there has been or is currently a power shift from England to Spain, and I like the idea. But it wouldn’t by my opinion that La Liga is “miles ahead” of the Premiership or anything like that.

Pretty much the entire bottom half of La Liga are “long-ball” merchants - or maybe they just aren’t very good at quick short passing. What’s the difference, once we can establish that they’re not very good?