Presidential Election Thread. Aka, Should the deer in the Phoenix Park be getting worried?

Morning Ireland need to ask him that to be consistent with how they have gone after Duffy.

2 Likes

Calling @Ewan MacKenna. Hi Ewan. Make yourself useful.

I found it really refreshing to be subjected to Irish politics for a few days last week in spudland, back now on the mainland listening to Brexit 18 hours a day solid on the radio

Why is the gay midget not turning up for the various debates?

He has it in the bag sure.

The other candidates dont have a hope.

It doesnt matter - he doesnt have a divine right to the position - why is he not taking part in the debates? Is he running scared that his homosexual tendencies will be outed?

Self preservation and arrogance. He’s a cute hoor, that knows he can avoid it and will still be elected regardless.

1 Like

Cunts like you making excuses for him sicken me. I’ve your card marked now bucko.

I wont be voting either way pal.

We dont need a president in my view. Waste of taxpayers money.

Caught the tail end of that this morning. Bizarre inteview, that poet question was off the wall. Duffy still managed to fuck himself over by first naming Dickinson as his favourite poet and then rambling on about his contribution to opera. The lad genuinely hasn’t a bull’s notion.

1 Like

What’s wrong with Emily Dickinson?

Nothing mate (afaik - never read any of her work), but having to be prodded for his favourite Irish poet wasn’t good for the optics on national radio this morning.

Are there people out there who would think less of him because his favourite poet isn’t Irish?

As long as he HAS a favourite poet I’m happy. Couldn’t vote in a chancer that wasn’t into poetry.

2 Likes

What percentage of the population of Ireland has a “ favourite poet “

My favourite poet is @Sidney

1 Like

If I was interviewing a person for Chief Irish Cheerleader for the next 7 years and they told me their favourite poet was Emily Dickinson, I’d probably dock a few marks yes. I couldn’t care less who their actual favourite poet was.

1 Like

Mine is Seán Dunne, followed by Paul Durcan.

Sean Dunne was a lovely fella, he came into our school for a year around 1990 as a type of writer in residence, I have no idea why, but he was a good laugh

He’s dead this long time God rest him.