Proposals to save Munster stick games

the obvious one is to throw Galway in but if they just hammer the other teams I cant see any benefit in that

anyone got ideas as if the HDCC dont do anything now stick stick in Munster is dead

Great to see you defending the GAA in the face of Orange Order provocation, NCC. I don’t think the basketcase that is Limerick hurling should be deemed representative of Munster.

yeah ,i have to draw the line somewhere ,

http://i36.tinypic.com/9vgmc4.jpg

WTF is wrong down there SS. Offaly played out of their skin tonight but Limerick didn’t look interested at all. The big players (Morans, Lucey, Shocks) let them down big time. Foley, Tobin & maybe Reale were the only ones to come out of it with any dignity.

They’re not fighting anyway Fran. Didn’t seem hungry enough, committed enough, good enough tonight. We’re going no where. Could see us slip off the screen altogether as a hurling county, the best players in the county championships are still the guys who have been there since the mid 90s which shows the standard.

what about last year though - its some fall,

they were unlucky in the clare game - probably didnt take this game seriously enough

Hunger was definately the defining factor behind the win tonight. As the offaly lads said at the end, they were sick of getting beaten. I think they were a tad unlucky against Kilkenny the last day and I’m not surprised that the put on over on Limerick. The lads on RTE seemed to somewhat write them off for the quarter finals. I reckon they’d give Galway or Waterford a very good match.

Limerick were probably a tad complacent this evening and never really got out of that frame of mind. Those 3 poor wides at the start of the 2nd half killed them altogether

I agree with Fran and SS**. Traditionalists who bang on about the simplicity of hurling would disagree but I think tonight proved the importance of mentality and psychology. Limerick appeared complacent and were unable to respond once they realised Offaly were right up for it. On the other hand, the Biffs were primed from the start and bursting into a first half lead gave them the belief to go on from there. I couldn’t believe how flat and off the pace lads like Lucey and Ollie Moran were.

The year just didn’t get off the ground for us. Too long sipping cervecas in Mexico leading to a write off of a league. Outfought by both Clare and Offaly, two teams not dining from the top table. A lax attidude has infected this team and they are paying for it now. A few wins last year seems to have taken the edge off this team.

Sad state of affairs that 38 year old Ciaran Carey looks like he’ll be one of the last Limerick men hurling inter county this year, unless we shock Tipp on thursday night.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]The year just didn’t get off the ground for us. Too long sipping cervecas in Mexico leading to a write off of a league. Outfought by both Clare and Offaly, two teams not dining from the top table. A lax attidude has infected this team and they are paying for it now. A few wins last year seems to have taken the edge off this team.

Sad state of affairs that 38 year old Ciaran Carey looks like he’ll be one of the last Limerick men hurling inter county this year, unless we shock Tipp on thursday night.[/quote]

are you pissed off with bennis?

[quote=“north county corncrake”]the obvious one is to throw Galway in but if they just hammer the other teams I cant see any benefit in that

anyone got ideas as if the HDCC dont do anything now stick stick in Munster is dead[/quote]

Very sad WUM. You’d see and hear better on the Strawberry Alarmclocks April 1 show.

Did anyone keep at tally of attendances in this years Provincial Series?
Could be an interesting Stat.

BTW NCC; just who in 1st Division hurling is Galway capable of hammering?

clare played for 68 minutes this year in the league with 14 men against galway and still only lost by 4 points…if memory serves me correct limerick were the only “big” team (no offence laois) they beat comfortably in the league…sure they nearly fucked away a 15 point lead against cork in the semi’s…

galway could well get caught this year by the draw…if they get offaly and then wexford, they should beat both of these as unlike limerick they have natural hurlers, they would then be into a semi final against kilkenny with out a proper high intensity/quality match…granted the draw might not pan out like that…

i wonder what odds the bookies are giving on a a clareman to train the all ireland winners this year…even money or better could well be a good bet…