Pubs To Frequent

Highlight so far is the Iron bar that was bursth in by the tans.

This nordie one is like a Kevin McAleer sketch.

That Billy Keane is some ball of shite. Thankfully he’s hasn’t lived off his Dad’s name and has a column in a paper.

1 Like

Enjoyed that. Some fairly poignant moments in it.

Have you ever drank one in Jim O’ the Mills?

Once, a good few years back. I was promised I would be brought back there for a Thursday night, when they are supposed to have a serious session during the summer months, but I’ve yet to go.

Pity they never visited doing that Documentary. Enjoyed that.

Murphys in Brandon. The best pub in Ireland by a country mile.

1 Like

Where is Brandon is the question?

1 Like

Beside Mount Brandon. Not far from Castlegregory

1 Like

15 minutes beyond castlegregory. Not far from the Conor pass.

The Cottage in Letterkenny.

Excellent pint of Porter. A proper pub.

1 Like

Hopefully better than Tigh T.P. in Ballydavid - seriously up its own arse.

In what way?

Stayed there for a stag once and found it a grand spot.
Could get drink pretty much whenever you wanted. The owner slept in a chair beside the bar for the night.

No bullshit in this place. It’s by far and away the best pub in Ireland. The owner is sound out and the locals make the place. Stunning views and you can go swimming off the pier. Unreal Guinness too. I’ve been there 4/5 times now and each time it gets better. Average closing hour of my visits have been 5 o clock in the morning too. No fucks given.

Looks very nice. Would you recommend staying within walking distance at night? Is there much options nearby?

There’s a few bnbs alright near bye and loads of holiday home around the area. Anywhere in cloghane/Brandon is only 5/10 minute drive. The owner dropped us home a few nights as well. the scenery is incredible alright but I can’t overstate how good the pub is. Im heading there the weekend after next and I’m already looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Popped into it last summer. Seems to be becoming more a food place now and was extremely expensive for what they dish up. Took ages to get a pint (middle of the day) and it was awful when it came out. Owner kept telling us about the new seaweed baths and spa he’d put in next door. Went across the road to the other pub which was far better.

Is that the blue coloured pub at the bottom of a road that leads you to Brandon Point? One room job?

1 Like

The Duke of Argyl in Soho. Lovely English pub with excellent pale ales, nice bitter and reportedly fantastic lager. Prices are decent too for London City centre at less than £3.00 a pint of bitter.