Pubs To Frequent

Anyone ever been to the Fishermanā€™s in Laois? @myboyblue

I was in the area last week and sought it out and was not disappointed. A real hidden gem, lovely pub.

Lovely spot. Wasnā€™t there a traditional music festival there over the weekend? Or is it next weekend, Iā€™m not sure. A great spot to disappear to for a day session. Decent stock.

Yeah i was there before that was on and they were setting up canopies and that out the back for it. I saw the posters advertising some kind of a trad festival there, i think it was to be on over the weekend just gone. The owner couldnā€™t do enough for you, has a lovely touch. Auld fella with a baldy head, the beer in there is top notch. Thereā€™s a section down the back it reminded me of my grandmothers sitting room. This auld woman of iā€™d say 90yrs old wandered out from behind the bar at one stage and through the ā€œsitting roomā€ and out the front. Thereā€™s a dog in there that rules the roost and barks at everyone who comes in.

4 Likes

You go into a pub like that and you order a Corona, you fancy bollix.

Look at the two pints glasses left on the other table, with the creamy guinness still stuck to them.

Thereā€™s no way smark took a photo of a pub he was in, thats his lady companions view no doubt.

He did fair well to find the Fishermans, while its not far from the motorway, it can be a right cunt to get to if you donā€™t know where youā€™re going.

That wasnā€™t mine, i was drinking Guinness. I didnā€™t even notice that in the shot.

Thereā€™s all religious stuff there on the mantelpiece, thereā€™s a statue of some saint or other and then when you wander into the jacks thereā€™s a massive condom machine on the wall. :grin:

1 Like

Glas must love Laois men.

Ooofffttt. Taking a disagreement from one thread to another and a fairly poor jibe too. @glasagusban has gotten inside your head, pal. Heā€™s beaten you all ends up here.

Not at all mate, a classic pincer movement. A few lads having a discussion about male grooming and in rows Glas spraying ill thought abuse left and right. Youā€™d feel bad abusing the cunt but he actually looks for it.

Another gay joke was it? He has form for following people around, he seems to be a bit of a weirdo.

1 Like

Dreadful bants.

Rebrand

God above, this is priceless. Attacks from pantyagusbliss and the @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy , who takes his name from a pedophilic creation of Oscar Wilde, not to mention importing flesh from third world countries. You actually couldnā€™t make it up. Rebrand? :joy:

Meltdown.

1 Like

Is that the best you can do, you poor simpleton?

Cringe

Cringe instead of :rollseyes: , youā€™re really mixing it up this morning.

:eek:

Apologies, that was a tad harsh.

You ok Ambrose?

Perfect, blue. Why wouldnā€™t I be.