Pubs To Frequent

Once upon time there and Dobbins were the go to place for high flyers having lunch time meetings/pints etc. but both are long past their peak. It was grim enough by the end, but I liked it. Nice stop on the way down to the Aviva for a match, never too busy (which is the problem really I suppose :grin:)

Spent yesterday evening in the 51. It really is a gem of a place in a part of Dublin which is infested with cuntish places.

It’s a great spot.

Very happy to give that the 20th

wow, what a way to start the weekend, thanks mate, I am a lot happier in myself since you came back

The irony :joy:

1 Like

Id say your diet is contributing to your mood also, but I’m glad you’re in a good place. You’re a good lad.

2 Likes

Your sucking up to him after he ditched you ?

1 Like

You didn’t seem perturbed that he left mate

No, I just enjoy his company. Why does that irk you in the middle of your honeymoon?
Weird.

Enjoy his company?

Boys best pub for Irish music in Dublin? Not nessecarily trad music and not Temple Bar. Have a old Aussie chap coming over and in the capital for the weekend so will bring him for a few scoops.

The Confession Box just off O’Connell street by the spire is a great spot to bring a visitor. Cosy pub with seating upstairs and the barman/owner sings while pulling pints while a lad plays away on the guitar on the corner of the bar.

Two fine musicians and tourists will eat it up. Head to the Celt down the road afterwards.

4 Likes

Aye have that already on the list. Best spot in the city for a pint of stout

1 Like

There is a new Irish music pub just after opening a few doors down from The Confession box called Pipers Corner. Decent trad in there last weekend.

2 Likes

Good man, I’ll check that out aswell

I wouldn’t like to be trying to get a complicated order across to him and he singing a song in my face.

Fuck off with your Alderweireld tonic.

3 Likes

Elderflower bastarding tonic, country gone mad.

I was in Kavanaghs/The Temple last Saturday.

I thought it a grand spot. Good pint and friendly capable staff who actually treat you with a bit of respect.

Bar man was collecting glasses from our table while we were discussing Raheem Sterling’s sending off. We were wondering why he got sent off and the bar man interjects ‘because he is a fucking cunt!!’

Towards the later evening the clientele became full of more ‘characters’ but it did the job for what we needed it for.

1 Like