Pubs To Frequent

You would be surprised he has i down to a fine art at this stage and behind the bar is small enough that everything is in reaching distance as he sings away in the microphone.

His timing is class as he waits for a gap in the song to tell you how much you owe him or query the order

2 Likes

Sounds like an experience

The North Side is the place for proper boozers.

That area around the Luas Line is deadly. The Flowing Tide down as far as Nealons on Capel Street.

I was in the Dice Bar a few months back. Clearly a LGBT spot. Different

2 Likes

I passed somewhere the other night and there was fellas bating bodhrans. Can’t remember where. It’s annoying me now.

You can’t bate a good bodhran

Ian Bailey plays the bodhran and he couldn’t bate anything.

He bate a murder charge

2 Likes

That was because he’s innocent mate.

I’m beginning to think I might’ve dreamt that.

I’ll be pitching up in Ryan’s on Camden street v early Saturday morning and fully intend to have passed out by 10 pm.

9 Likes

That’s what all Ireland weekend is about . Good lad .

1 Like

I somehow found myself in Ryan’s the Saturday night before the football All Ireland last year.

Such a cunt of a spot.

I wouldn’t mind but I left a very busy but relatively comfortable Cassidys to go down there.

1 Like

Would you not put it back a couple of hours and pass out at a respectable hour?

Is now wasnt always

I used to drink in Devvitts on Camden St a bit some years ago. Completely out of synch with the rest of the street it was a proper local. A lad I used to work with in his mid fifities played the banjo and wed often toddle along with him when there was a ceoltas ceolteori eireaan gathering and a bit of a trad session. I sang in there one night (apparently) and it was well received despite me neither “having a note in your head or any clue of the words”. This old fella used to get his end away all the time on the back of his music skills; generally with extrenely needy and ugly foreign women in their 40s.

Salad days

4 Likes

Na id only end up in xico or somewhere till late and wouldn’t be right for the game.

2 Likes

Devitts is a great spot. Bit of a makeover on the outside recently but inside is the same.

What would you know about the inside of a pub mate?

Come again, mate?

Cool story bro