Pubs To Frequent

I can confirm that a smashing pint of Guinness can be had in Chaplins of Hawkins Street. Pity about the Tipp connection, however.

Inside is not the same.

Is it not? I heard different, had only seen the outside. Not aiming to be trendier I hope?

The last few interactions have been pure cringe for @Horsebox

2 Likes

The last few years have been pure cringe for @Horsebox

4 Likes

Thats exactly what they have gone and done.

Ah jaysus

Currently on the look out for a “local” in the general Ranelagh area.

Criteria necessary.

Must sell Bulmers.

TV’s with Sky and BT showing all major sporting events. Multiple screens with different games an advantage.

Pool table.

Jukebox.

Not rugby football orientated.

Pub grub an advantage but not essential.

Any suggestions?

Smyths and Birchalls two good pubs. Smyths does grand pub grub. Shows the racing all day. Would be jammed for rugby games alright. Lot of leinster heads in there. Hard to avoid that in ranelagh however. Decent pint

Taphouse not a place you would stay for night but v good grub there and good selection of beers. McSorleys I would avoid

Nowhere in ranelagh has either pool table or jukebox mores the pity

1 Like

Would you get all prissy and precious if there was the occasional armed robbery there with your favourite barman being threatened with a toy gun held to his head and the lads laughed about it here ?
This could be relevant.

7 Likes

What’s wrong with McSorleys? I was going to check it out?

Taphouse more of a restaurant?

What about The Hill or Corrigans?

What you have outlined is not a local.

I’ll second Birchalls. Finest Guinness in the village. No TV’s, no bullshit. A rural pub in an urban setting. McSorleys next to it has all the fancy shit but is full of shapers.

Sounds like you need a pub that’s also a bookies. I recommend you look beyond Dublin for this as they tend not to exist.

The 51, mate.

1 Like

Bit of a trek but does it tick all the boxes?

Tvs are essential. Pool table and or jukebox would be great but I suppose we could survive without them

Just go to the 51 and be done with it

wtf?

5 Likes

I’ll have to convince my comrades that it’s worth the trek

Its a local for some people

When are we doing a night out ?