Pubs To Frequent

I have a do in the Crown Plaza and am looking for somewhere to go for a couple of pre drinks

Huntsman gormanstown

Viscount or autobahn

The Comet is not too bad from memory.

1 Like

The Goose off Griffith Avenue is a safe but dull spot. Don’t go in there on a Sunday, as the odious Patrick Bartholomew Ahern is there, and will ruin your pint…

Safe??

If the Viscount (a grand spot, don’t let me put you off @Big_Dan_Campbell) is an option as a pre-drinks pub for a do at the airport, you might as well include almost anywhere on the Northside as an option. Sure Drumcondra and Glasnevin are only down the road from it and you’d be as well to go to the Gravediggers then.

If it’s actual proximity to the airport you’re looking for, Kealy’s and the Coachman’s Inn are by far the two best options.

Spent a few hours in this place last night. Decent spot, good crowd in there but not packed. Two separate sessions going on at either side of the bar. One side was jigs and reels/ceili stuff and the other more hand clapping, toe tapping stuff with a group of auld boys who were sound and mad to get people singing. A grand pub to spend a few hours in

1 Like

Here - I was in the Confession Box a few months back and there wasn’t a sign of a singing barman.

Fuck me. I can’t believe that your recommending that utter shithole. If you don’t get killed in the pub you’ll probably get killed outside.

It’s owned by GPA comms head Sean Potts and the lads from Briodys up the road. Big GAA crew. The new Luas running alongside it will be ferrying Potts Na Fianna buddies in from Phibsboro.

It’s going to be a popular spot with the Luad stop outside and a new hotel opening across the road.

Sean Potts who is one of the owners is a serious uileann piper himself. I think his father was one of the original Chieftans.

I believe it has changed hands at some stage in 2017 and there is a new owner. It is just two lads with a guitar singing away at the end of the bar now.

D. O’Sheas bar in Sneem.

2 Likes

Me and you have a lot of similar thoughts on various topics.

You know the place? I was there last Saturday for dinner and a few pints, during the day only. But two years ago I spent three nights in August in Sneem and was a regular in O’Sheas in the evenings. Wonderful bar.

Yep. One of my favourite pubs.

Which one is O’Shea’s? Is it beside a more modern type bar ?

Dan Murphys is a grand pub in the evenings as well, Sneem would be very different in winter though. Great spot

The long stone RIP :cry: