Question for the techies

Surely there’s some decent combo?

Sorry I never looked at what post of mine you were replying to!

Comes with a USB port too so you can still charge the phone

Aboy young pipe. Looks the job.

Satellite broadband…any use? Seems expensive but absolutely fed up of my 1.5MB download speeds and worse at peak times.

Step 1. Can you see a mobile phone mast from your house?line of sight now, not over the hill…?

No. E-ink is the technology used in all e-readers and it’s not backlit. All tablets and laptops are backlit and would burn the eyes out of your head if you use them for reading.

1 Like

That plugs into the cigarette lighter now and not the AUX.

If you only want it for Music then the AUX method is the way to go

1 Like

No use. But I can see the sky?

Check your coverage here

https://www.imagine.ie/lte-irelands-rural-fibre-speed-coverage/

Step 2. How far is the nearest mobile phone mast from your house? I’m losing the will to help you here so buck up a bit…

1 Like

I’m asking about Satellite broadband. Not line of sight. From the sky. Not from a mast.

It’s shite. Hence my previous attempt to help you.

Go on I’ll take it up from here. I can see a mobile phone mast from my house, with binoculars mind. But yet have v little phone signal, most of the time none indoors

The line of sight lad did a test yesterday and nada. Hence my satellite question.

Mate of mine lives on top of a hill in tipp near cashel and he got it recently and went from 8mbs to 65mbs. Said its been top notch since he got it. But apparently he has an uninterrupted signal from nearest mast and everything in between your house and their mast weakens it

I have no signal from any mast.

Does the sattelite not work through a mast?

No. The sky.

2 Likes

Did you think about burning the house to the ground and moving?

1 Like

There are two tyes of antenna to receive 4G mobile broadband (of which there is actually no such thing. It’s LTE, but anyway…). A directional, or line of sight, high gain job, or an omni-directional mid gain one. I implemented the former, going from circa 0.9Mb to 44Mb.

Satellite broadband is not your answer. No matter what your question is.

One needs to understand the exact nature of what is available to them (what exactly is on the mast, what direction is it pointing, is there a better mast farther away etc.).

1 Like