Question for the techies

Well that’s me with my tae in a mug.

When… Will I… Will I be famous?!

Got me Satellite broadband installed today. 2 week trial. Despite downloads speeds of 20M from Ookla it’s not actually great but better than Eir.

I might try standing on the roof with my cell phone later to see if I can get outdoor 4G.

The usage limit is shocking with satellite broadband. What are they offering you a month, 20GB?

40 g for 70 €

First impressions not great tbh.

I thought eir would be decent no? How’s it for streaming ? Is there a lot of buffering? Am looking at getting some sort of broadband in soon

I get 6meg from eir in Dunmore and it’s grand.

Is that a fixed line Fagan? I’ve no option but some sort of wireless transmission of broadband :confounded:

Fixed line.

I’m too far from the exchange. Eir is shockingly slow. The highlights of the Limerick Cork game in 2001 have been buffering a bit on me so far.

@Appendage, what’s your phone signal like at home or using data through your phone?

@Appendage ask @Rocko to ping your phone and he can remotely turn on your phone camera and live stream your set up to the thread here

Hi @Mac.

I went up to the attic tonight and I got some 4G. In the kitchen I get nothing and now in the open plan living area it’s between nothing and H.

Regards
Appendage

Is it the same on all networks?

Vodafone is best I think. The ball and chain is on Eir and it’s laughable. I had O2/Three for a while and it was cack also.

Sounds like getting a new house is actually a legitimate solution in this instance.

What about the family in the cave next door?

1 Like

I lol’ed at that. No neighbours around here. This is proper rural.

See if you can convince some Vodafone sales rep to let you take one of their dongle thingys home to test.

1 Like