Rate the Roses

Think we’d a similar thread for the Rose of Tralee but this one is about Cadbury’s finest.

What order would you put them in.

I think the Roses are:

Fudge
Caramel
Coffee Cream
Dairy Milk Bar
Bournville
Caramel Keg
Hazelnut in Caramel
Hazel Whirl
Strawberry Creme

I’d go:

1. Caramel: the absoulte best unsurpassable
  2. Strawberry Creme: not the most popular sweet so I never take them early on. I polish them off when we’re down on fourth and fifth pick but they’re my second favourite
  3. Caramel Keg: tasty, but a touch inadequate
  4. Fudge: cracking texture, not a bar I’d often eat so it’s a novelty
  5. Dairy Milk: simple, suffers from ubiquity in everyday life
  6. Hazelnut in Caramel: I hate nuts but there’s enough non nut goodness in these purple things to keep me interested. The last one I’d actually eat.
  7. Hazel Whirl: No interest. Don’t eat them but wouldn’t have to spit one out.
  8. Bournville: An old favourite of Juhniallio’s neighbour who was once bombarded with Bournville by some pranksters during a barbeque. That’s all it’s good for though - shocking stuff.
  9. Coffee Cream: Unjustifiably bad. Hate coffee. This stuff is muck.

There is two new additions to the chocolates this year, anyone know what they are?

The only ones I eat are caramel, fudge and dairy milk in that order. The others are unworthy with the coffee cream being particularly rank.

Roses are rank anyway, Benny Shermin won’t eat any box of chocs unless they’re from Thorntons.

Ian Brown
John Squire
Mani
Reni

LEGENDS

therock67 wrote:

Think we’d a similar thread for the Rose of Tralee but this one is about Cadbury’s finest.

What order would you put them in.

I think the Roses are:

Fudge
Caramel
Coffee Cream
Dairy Milk Bar
Bournville
Caramel Keg
Hazelnut in Caramel
Hazel Whirl
Strawberry Creme

I’d go:

1. Caramel: the absoulte best unsurpassable
  2. Strawberry Creme: not the most popular sweet so I never take them early on. I polish them off when we’re down on fourth and fifth pick but they’re my second favourite
  3. Caramel Keg: tasty, but a touch inadequate
  4. Fudge: cracking texture, not a bar I’d often eat so it’s a novelty
  5. Dairy Milk: simple, suffers from ubiquity in everyday life
  6. Hazelnut in Caramel: I hate nuts but there’s enough non nut goodness in these purple things to keep me interested. The last one I’d actually eat.
  7. Hazel Whirl: No interest. Don’t eat them but wouldn’t have to spit one out.
  8. Bournville: An old favourite of Juhniallio’s neighbour who was once bombarded with Bournville by some pranksters during a barbeque. That’s all it’s good for though - shocking stuff.
  9. Coffee Cream: Unjustifiably bad. Hate coffee. This stuff is muck.

Hazelnut in caramel is the best for me. Like the carmel one as well and the strawberry. That’s it really.

Flano wrote:

[quote]Ian Brown
John Squire
Mani
Reni

i hope your not rating them in order of talent .
if so you have brown and reni mixed up .
brown was ,by far the most useless member of the roses ansd ounded like he sang into a bucket .
Reni was the glue that kept the roses sound together.
when he fucked off,to be a furniture polisher or whatever he became,the roses sound disintegrated quite quickly.

on the other subjest my favourite roses choc is the long gold stick one,toffeee i’m assuming.

Reni was/is an amazing drummer. Pete Townshend said he was the most naturally gifeted drummer he’d seen since Keith Moon and asked Reni to play a few songs with The Who, this was in the very early days of The Roses, Reni was 20 at the time(I think). It was at a anti-drugs gig I think

townshend knew whats what from a young age.
both moonie & reni played drums like a lead instrument.

i’m a massive fan of the who,especially the earlier stuff with moonie playing like a whirlwind,before he descended into the brandy & ginger,noel coward persona.

what did Reni do after he split the roses scene ?

Reni did fook all really. He formed a band around 99/00 called The Rub, but played guitar and was the singer, and played a few gigs. He played drums on one song for Brown in 99 too, I cant remember what song, some b-side I think. Thats about all I know