Rats - A thread about Cats

Might watch that. Iā€™m bored. She half fucking killed us swimming this morning with a fly set followed by 10x200 on three minutes, then a kick set and then sprints, so Iā€™m too tired to entertain myself.
In good news, no, great, her tumor has shrunk by 50% on trial treatment. She is the epitome of everything good about the North of England.

3 Likes

The rubby is on at 16.45

How long do you swim for? An hour?

You must have done something really shit to have been given that hooter so.

1 Like

Thatā€™s unlike me pal. I had a suspected rat during the winter so itā€™s not so much karma as Chinese zodiac

90 mins. There was a warm up and swim down as well and other bits and bobs of IM.

1 Like

You shattered after it?

Try turning 10x 200 round on three minutes after a butterfly set and see how you feel after it.

1 Like

Flicking between the cricket and a good game between Castleford and saints which has been slightly marred by some odd refereeing decisions.

Motherfuckers. Saw one last night. in the kitchen. Think he got in through a hole behind the fridge and the adjacent press which is for the baking stuff. Woke up mrs J with all the crashing and banging of tearing the place apart. She came down the stairs about to give me shit but saw the crazed look in my eye and quickly got scared.
This morning, first thing down to the hardware. Two rat traps please. Unbelievably, on the drive home, Radio Nova played Rat in My Kitchen by UB40. UnFUCKINGbelievable. This rat will meet its destiny Iā€™m thinking. Home. Out to the little ladyā€™s birthday party after laying the traps with peanut butter. Good party but my mind was wandering back to the little cunt roaming my baking press. Especially as we had the Kinsealy pet shop in for the party and they had all manner of snakes and stuff that would love to eat a rat. Home. Into the kitchen with an expectant swagger. Nothing. The little cunt has eaten the peanut butter clean off the trap!!! One nil fat mouse, one fucking nil. Mrs J took it badly and is now worrying about everything the kids have eaten over th last month.
We were hitting the picnic area in Malahide Castle for the evening so I reset the traps, this time with quality ham Iā€™d baked. Let his last meal be a good one says I. Stuffed it in good to ensure the little cunt would have to get on it properly, thus setting off the trap. A lovely evening picnic with the family and cousins during which time maimeĆ³ said that the little man claimed heā€™d seen a mouse yesterday which sheā€™d laughed off. Heā€™s three, so weā€™ll let him off the obvious mistake. So after chasing, fighting, rolling down the hill and all the usual craic we split for home around seven. I was fucking sure. In I swaggered again. Nada. 2 fucking EMPTY traps. The little cunt got the ham. 2-0.
Mrs J is now at defcon 5 and is refusing to come downstairs unless thereā€™s all the lights/radio/stamping going on. Sheā€™d happily set fire to the kitchen and walk out the door forever.
So The kids are in bed. I threaded a needle and wrapped it around the ham to keep it tight on it. Itā€™ll have to tug it hard. I also decided the traps might be slightly harder to press so I needed the wire to be j-u-s-t about keeping the trap from going off. As I was adjust this I set the trap off and smashed my right thumb which was very very sore. 3-0 Vermin and he laughing at me.
Heā€™s smart alright, but he needs to be lucky all the time and I only need to be lucky once. So Iā€™ve the lights off and all closed up in there. Iā€™m sitting in the lazy chair catching up on some stuff and obviously TFK. Iā€™m drinking nice red wine, waiting for the sound of the trapā€¦waitingā€¦ waitingā€¦

Right now I know what it feels like to be @Mac, and itā€™s not nice.

28 Likes

Throw a block of poison down behind the fridge check it In A few days. It will dry the cunt up.

2 Likes

Can you please clarify whether the rodent in question is a mouse or a rat?

Youā€™ve given conflicting signals here.

It sounds like a mouse as rats are thick as shit.

Itā€™s a rat.Hence the posting in this thread. My three year old thought it was a mouse. Iā€™ve let him off the misunderstanding as heā€™s three. I used the term fat mouse to describe the rat as I donā€™t like him. In fact I hate him. But his ability to swerve the traps has given me grudging respect

BOOOOOOOOOM!

14 Likes

Picture

1 Like

Where theres one theres a dozen

4 Likes

The problem with poison is that a dead rat can lie in an inaccessible position and stink the place out. This happened about a year and a half ago when I returned to Dublin to find two dead rats poisoned and lying on shelves in a cubby hole. One had gone into an empty cardboard box with a cloth in it to die.

@Juhniallio it sounds like your traps are not up to much.

I have previously used Rentokil-manfactured traps which I bought in B&Q with success and used Nutella as bait.

Use poison/ do not use poison
Ffs

Try and put a small Galway jersey on it before posting the picture

3 Likes

John Ratbury

1 Like