RAVENOUS (Part 1)

It can be nice sometimes having the house to yourself. It happens rarely enough, enjoy

That 2 litre of milk is pure roaster

It’s pure empty now

1 Like

You back on the smokes?

I am pal

Ah lad.

download

I was ravenous earlier. Devoured that.

7 Likes

36 hour marinade

9 hours in the slow cooker

18 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Did you put any liquid in the slow cooker with it? Looks top class

A quartered onion, a few sprigs of thyme and a can of clonmel chardonnay. Liquid had easily doubled by this morning.

I took out the shoulder, removed the skin, pulled the meat, mixed it with a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray’s bbq sauce. Then I removed most of the fat, onion etc from the cooking liquid and then put the pork back in.

Left it on the “warm” setting then until afternoon.

1 Like

Iv to cater next weekend I’d say that’s the shit right there

Its ideal for a crowd. I got savage brioche burger buns in aldi too.

Also made a chipotle mayo to go with it. The auld lads are sweating after it but it’s the ideal accompaniment for the pork. It’s just a full squeeze tub of mayo, two chopped chipotle in adobe sauce, plus an extra spoon of the sauce and a spoon of wholegrain mustard.

4 Likes

Fair fucks, that’s a top notch bit of grub and a very American recipe for the weekend that’s in it. I’d do similar myself, but slow cooked in the oven instead of a slow cooker.

6 Likes

If you’ve a good butcher nearby, a 2.5 to 3.0 kg shoulder of pork neatly prepared should easily feed 12-16 hungry adults. As @TreatyStones said, brioche buns are a must. Add in a load of baked potatoes, baked beans, coleslaw, and a few bottles of good quality Gewürztraminer or Riesling, and you’ve got yourself a result.

2 Likes

A whole bottle of BBQ sauce? Wouldn’t fancy that. Jamie Oliver has a recipe for barbecue sauce with about 20 ingredients in it, you’ll find it handy if you search for it. I’ve made it a couple of times and it’s unreal. Well worth it with the effort you’ve gone to for that pork.

I’ve made it before. Its grand. It’s nearly 3kgs of meat, a bottle of bbq sauce hardly made a dent in it.

1 Like

There are plenty of very good quality BBQ sauces on the market. It’s going in with a full shoulder of pork, so it’s not excessive. Home-made BBQ sauce is unreal, no argument, but you’d want plenty of time on your hands. Good quality cheats are always allowed.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve the pork and a massive brisket ordered.

1 Like