RAVENOUS (Part 1)

There one of those things you often never think to buy or use and then when you throw them into something they really cam knock it up a few notches.

Big knob of butter, juice of a lemon and a few capers makes a smashing sauce for salmon

I’m sorry for being a smart Alec. They are Crespo brand. You’d get them in SuperValu anyway and probably loads of other places.

1 Like

Yep really like capers but just something I’d never come across or have in the gaff. I’ll look out for them next time I’m shopping.

Tuna, capers, red onion, parsley and mayo is the go to sandwich to garner favour in this house. Falls flat on its face without the capers and the bit of vinegar from their jar

2 Likes

Do they hold long in the jar?

I hate opening a jar, eating a few and then forgetting about them and end up throwing them out a few weeks later…

Capers will last for ages in the fridge even if the jar is opened
I’d use them fairly regularly in the lemon butter sauce and in puttenesca

2 Likes

Months, if not years.

1 Like

They’re pickled so last forever in the jar really

You’ve really mugged yourself off here mate. Buying capers just to fuck em out a few weeks later then finding out they’re grand. It’s up there with the time you took the family on holidays to Liffey Valley.

3 Likes

Wait til he finds out about the gut health benefits of pickled foods that he’s been missing out on.

1 Like

Real grub

1 Like

Just had the same. Smashing find Fagan.

2 Likes

Serious value for money

https://www.dublinlive.ie/whats-on/food-drink-news/cheapest-three-course-meal-you-23807276

4 Likes

Fair play. I was going to post one of fried potatoes with 2 fried eggs but I’ll stand down out of respect.

It’s getting ridiculous. @Spidey eats out more than Charles Haughey.

10 Likes

He’s matching him in the quality stakes at any rate.

You animal