RAVENOUS (Part 1)

No. A lovely aroma. Particularly when I added the white wine.

1 Like

You’ve it worked out kid😀

1 Like

Freeze the onions for a while before chopping them.

Ah yeah it has its perks. Only needed a glass for the soup. Skulling the rest of the bottle now watching wheeler dealers

1 Like

Why didn’t you tell me that at 3 o’clock you bollox?

4 Likes

Send me your weekly onion chopping schedule and I’ll set up a reminder.

Incidentally. Had a lovely pint yesterday and wanted to tag you, you cunt. Between the jigs and reels i forgot

3 Likes

I had plenty of them myself yesterday.

1 Like

1 Like

:face_vomiting:

Oldest fella dosent want to go to bed which is fair enough , he’s playing away with soldiers so why bother him we thought

In a bizarre twist I was summoned to the kitchen to help prepare tomight’s dinner which should be ready after the game- one of the perks of this marriage is that basic rules of chivilary are respected as in I wire the plugs and she looks after the kitchen – as to what prompted this sudden shift I do not know but as regards asking I have no interest

Anyway – its going like this

In one baking tray sliced chicken fillets rubbed with olive oil, soya and flavoured with Ras al – haout (more on that later) , cumin , coriander, thyme , rosemary and this form of spice that her mother sent her in a box one day, chopped onion and garlic in there also

In the other chopped potatoes, carrots and the same seasonings minus the soya

A pot of wild rice is also boiling

I was ordered to preheat the oven and insert the contents inside, I kept a watching brief of the preprations, when in Rome, etc

Apparently itll be ready by 10

She’s outside on the balconey smoking and on the phone thank god whilst we’re getting on with the second half

Oh yeah Ras al hanout – arab for “head of the shop” – the Rosh or Ras is Hebrew/ Arabic for Head – ie Rosh Hashanah – Head of the year – new years day – I may have posted that before

Its basically – some mix of north African chemicals

1 Like

ras el hanout

My life partner got a lemonade in Camile Thai tonight.

I was shocked AND appalled when I spotted “Your welcome” on the label.

What do you mean by a pot of “wild rice” is boiling? This is different to your bog standard white uncle Ben’s type fare I assume?

Same thing but hey throw in a few inedible brown and black grains and treble the price

1 Like

Soya sauce seems a strange addition all that. Ras el hanout is lovely stuff.

Is there raw sausages in there? :worried:

Boiled sausage is delicious, that plate looked awful but I’d say there was a lovely saltiness to it

yeah - look i was merely a spectator really
there was a few drops thrown into the mish mash - it was unreal tho
there was curry powder in the rice also apparantly - i just had some more there

look, that was all i saw really
i asked here what was happening and i was told to get the “wild rice”
the rice is in a 5kg bag which is stored in the back kitchen, she gets it from yer man Alon who owns that place in drumcondra - we (she) buys pitta from him also - they’re unreal - shouk is the name of the restuarant actually (it means market in hebrew) - we go in there sometimes on and have the shakshouka,
anyway, she fucked the rice into a pot- fired in this powder and boiled it
it was then left with a tea towel over the pot while the rest of the thing baked

• i had no clue what was happening here - i was just an observor - this is not my department at all

I’d say it was Tumeric she put on with the rice, pal. Gives it a nice yellow colour.