RAVENOUS (Part 1)

An ideal hangover meal

Post gym wrap there with scrambled egg, avocado, bacon, cheese and jalapeno. Washed down with vanilla whey protein shake.

Fuck it lads, I’ve an awful want in me for a whopper

Made a kind of pesto out of walnuts, 3 cloves of garlic, basil, lemon and an avocado. Mixed that with a packet of fresh pasta, half a head of broccoli a handful of olives and a darn of not burnt salmon.

6 Likes

Apart from the pasta that sounds ateable

Made a chicken katsu curry earlier. Very tasty.

4 Likes

Made a prawns curry with chickpeas spinach and roast butternut squash last night, and Bombay potatoes. Twas nicer again tonight.

4 Likes

You’re arse must be like an exhaust pipe

1 Like

Did you put any prawns in it?

1 Like

I’m certain i did.

Dammit glas, even your dinners are politically correct

I can’t identify the most of that but it is a noble hape of food

A prawns curry?

Indeed.

I think that goes without saying Mike.

What’s all this talk about chlorinated chicken @anon7035031
The tan remainers have themselves awful worked up about it

Great question.

The thicko Brits and some of their cousins in Ireland like @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy object to the washing of US slaughtered chickens with disinfectants to eliminate the risk of pathogens like e-coli and salmonella. Because you see, byproducts of the disinfectants could be harmful. Never mind there is no scientific or medical evidence from either side of the Atlantic to back up that claim. Tinfoil hat stuff basically.

Even if one were to eat a chlorinated chicken every day, the amount of disinfectants represents less than 0.5% of the total disinfectants ingested in an average day, drinking water makes up 99%.

1 Like

That’s a much better answer than the question deserved. I’d almost instinctively avoid chicken anyway but I suppose a drop of water would sort any concerns.
Beef from norn iron is as close to organic as anyone could reasonably ask. Maybe even slightly better than organic.
Chicken seems to be getting worse, beef seems to be on the up and up. Lamb is probably better again.

1 Like

P.s. @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy must be spared

I’m not a huge fan of chicken either, the odd free range bird for a Sunday roast. The whole factory process for chicken meat and eggs is revolting and unnatural. I have a few hens so haven’t bought an egg in years.

The quality of Irish meat is by and large outstanding, you have to pay dearly for the equivalent here.