Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

Gave them a good send off, served alongside a coq au vin made with 1/2 lb of organic gluten free bacon and a killer sauce. Lots left for tomorrow.

14 Likes

Sea bass alright,
It’s a fish cake with cod, salmon, potato egg and a few herbs,
Simple lemon butter sauce.

Is gluten free bacon a thing? What is it that calls gluten to other types?

The coq au vin looks superb.

1 Like

What’s the story with the purples ones, I’ve never had them before

Blight.

6 Likes

You take what’s given at the food bank

6 Likes

Happy to oblige

They originated in Peru (Peruvian purple) but there are lots of purple varieties, some incredibly intense colored. Supposed to be much higher in antioxidants than white.

2 Likes

You would imagine most bacon should be gluten free, but apparently cross contamination in processing is common enough.

1 Like

Ah right, I thought you meant a lump of bacon to go with the spuds.
As an aside Tesco Ireland have begun stocking a quite decent American style bacon that’s produced in Ireland, can’t beat that really crispy bacon with a few scrambled eggs and I’ve always found it hard to pick up in Ireland.
On a similar vein is there anywhere you can pick up decent beef hot dogs (franks) in Ireland

Decent hot dogs?

2 Likes

Sorry mate, lips and assholes I know but I like the hot dogs in New York and can’t find similar here, a couple of my kids absolutely love them so we’d have them the very odd day for lunch,
It came into my head while I was writing that last post, hope you haven’t spat out your gin when you read it.

Grand brunch there. Toasted sourdough topped with three poached eggs and a bit of cheddar, four sausages, three rashers, three pieces of black pudding, mushrooms browned with garlic, roast tomatoes, and three little ham feta and olive cakes. A good lash of rebel chilli company habanero relish as well and plenty black coffee to wash it down.

6 Likes

Between how many of ye?

2 Likes

Huh?

1 Like

zoolander is piling on the pounds lately

1 Like

Yup, I’ve been very very close in how I imagined you to look, almost uncanny in fact.

That’s a proper brunch :clap:

Boys night in for Ben, Jerry and I. Homemade pizza, all ingredients bought in Aldi :yum:

14 Likes

It just seems like an awful lot of grub to eat in one go. I wouldn’t eat that much all day I don’t think

1 Like