RAVENOUS (Part 1)

Yeah, Lennox’s do the potato pie for years. A big deal down there.

2 Likes

Stick up a group shot of yourself, Bandage and Royston when you’re up to get the cheese board…

2 Likes

Golden Fry in Ballinlough do the best potato pie on God’s green earth.

4 Likes

All the traditional chippers in Cork would do them

It’s known as a ‘pie’
Lennox’s one has too much thyme, the Golden fry have one you don’t even need teeth to eat, gorgeous.

Recent variation is the cheese and onion pie

2 Likes

Ya savage. Local chipper here used to do them for years he called them beefcakes but there was fuck all beef in them

1 Like

In the city a ‘pie’ with tiny bits of meat and where the mash is mixed with a small bit of gravy is known as a meat pattie, was common enough 30 or 40 years ago but you’d rarely see them now

1 Like

17 Likes

Yum yum

Carbing up

Sorry boys, I know I’m posting wrong thread here… Can anyone recommend a nice place to get a good fry up in Dun Laoghaire tomorrow morning? Close to train station?

Cc @artfoley @Fran

1 Like

Wetherspoons?

I dunno pal, is it good?

Probably middling. A while since Iv been in Dun laoighre don’t remember many places you’d get a fry down on the water near train.

1 Like

Sunshine cafe on georges st. About a 10 min walk from dorsh station. Or if youre more brunchy, try travel cafe across the road from the station

2 Likes

Ta!

Went on your recommendation, didn’t disappoint!

1 Like

You are in smashed avocado on toasted sourdough country there son.

1 Like

Not really in Dun Laoghaire but definitely in the surrounding villages

Im not sure it’s possible for weatherspoons to disappoint. Given it’s rep is so low.