Re: Brian Lara Cricket 2007

Left armer was Bracken. I meant to introduce Watson to the attack but chose Bracken instead and he bowled beautifully so kept him in there.

Pitch was doing a lot at the start but I noticed that I couldn’t get it to swing or seam much after the 20th over - which was why I introduced spin.

I was bowling the same line and length with Lee as I’d been doing all along but while previously I could get it to move in the air and then deviate off the seam it wasn’t swinging any more and it wasn’t seaming much either. So introduced some spin and cleaned up.

Best wicket of the day was Lee’s capture of Gavin Hamilton who had top scored for them with 28 odd or so. He was playing nice cricket but Lee was on fire and I had the ball swinging away from him looking for the edge and he played and missed twice. Then I left one go straight on and took all the pace off it and he played much too early and I clean bowled him taking off stump.

The game looks really well after the overs are complete. You get the overview showing where each ball pitched and which ones scored. Then you get Hawkeye showing the trajectory of each delivery and that’s great for seeing consistency. Hawkeye comes on for every LBW shout too. It’s the business.

sounds good. can you turn hawekye off after every over as it is the sorth of thing which could get annoying after a while. might pop up to drogheda to get it this afternoon.

I’m sure you can turn it off. It’s not annoying though - you just click through it by pressing the A button but because you’ve to select a new bowler at the start of an over you’re pressing the A button anyway so you can click through it in zero time.

I found when I played it first that I clicked through it all the time, but now I’m pausing to watch it because it’s useful. It’s also quick - there’s no pause between each delivery and they show them very quickly.

Crap that was 14-3 because Symonds came in and scored 3. Now Clarke has just edged the next ball behind. Didn’t even want to play it but it was high up and I didn’t want to get hit with it so I tried to just straight bat it but it came off the top of the bat - nearly handle and spooned behind to the 'keeper who took it well above his head. Symonds and Hussey at the crease and I’m in real trouble. I need discipline from these lads.

It’s one thing typing something, it’s another thing doing it. This lad Hoffman for them was getting all cocky and giving me slower balls and bouncers and everything. I was picking off a couple of singles here and there and then went for the big shot straight back over him when I saw a chance with Symonds. Another slower ball, my timing was horrible as a consequence and it was a simple catch for Hamilton at mid wicket (I think). Hussey yet to score (from 9 balls) and Watson has just joined him.

Gower’s warning that the tail is exposed and it’s 21-5!

All out for 33. Christ it’s hard to bat with the tail end. They have a tiny sweet spot to hit it in. Brown was 4-19 for them and Ponting on 9 top scored for me though much credit to Watson’s 7 from 12 balls. Only Hussey lasted longer - 13 deliveries but he never scored.

Can’t help but think Scotland are the type of team Australia should be at least competitive with. That was a disappointing performance but we’ll regroup and I’m more confident against the Dutch.

Improved batting performance. All out for 102. Schiferli did some damage at 55-4. Helped by Stelling with 6-2. de Leede was expensive 39-1.

Gilchrist had 22 from 20
Hussey got 24 from 19

Only two run outs this time. Gilchrist was stumped when he got a small bit cocky.

Interesting target. Should be close.

Tie them down with the spinner early enough. Associate nations have no experience of facing quality spin!

What’s a Chinaman again? Hogg is a Chinaman. Seems to be a leg spinner from the turn he’s getting which is to the left. I’ve him and Symonds opening the bowling.

It’s left arm unorthodox/wrist spin so the ball deviates the same way as right arm off spin!

Paul Adams of South Africa is the only other chinaman bowler on the international circuit that I can think of at the moment.

These heart scares are often just a bad case of the windies

1 Like