Reopen the counties - the COVID-19 Edgy thread

It really hasn’t. By any reasonable measure of cases/deaths over the last couple of months since mid-April as a country we’ve done really well. We would have grabbed our performance as a country to date with both hands if offered it at the end of March.

You were hopping like a sausage in a pan back then and you still are now. I suspect that whatever is done it will never be enough for you.

They were and they did it.

And anything that’s done is enough for you. I’d rather be me

1 Like

Ewan having a go.

Nah, I’d have plenty of issues with specific actions and policies. I think the education section was handled really poorly and they really need to get their shit together on it. I think the nursing homes were overlooked in the rush to protect acute hospitals and there were elements of test and trace that took too long. I think the jury is out on the economic response. What I would say though is that I think lots was done right considering the scenario presenting and the gov and public service (who I hardly wax lyrical about) did a very good job in the main. I also don’t think any other gov would have done much better - probably because they would have been absolute newbies in the role when the shitshow started.

If Leo/FG didn’t want people to have the Pandemic payment - or if he thought it was too high - surely it would have been easier just not to introduce it in March?

2 Likes

I’m throwing the kids into my ma for August. I’d be grateful if @Baltigol would hold off closing the borders til Sunday afternoon.

He’s dead right.

you will have no problems, fly in to fuck and don’t worry about anything, I am here now and being responsible, a bit of social distancing and I have my little bottle of sanitizar in my pocket, sure I am staying in a tent in the burren. There’s a couple of dangerous lunatics advising the government, take no heed of them

3 Likes

No I didn’t. It still applies. Are you really confused by this? Don’t fly for non essential travel. That’s it, no need to vex yourself any further than that.

Google are wfh until summer 2021

If DEASP had got off their holes and sorted out real-time integration with Revenue as part of PAYE modernisation the whole pandemic payment could have been alot smarter.

They are saving a fortune not feeding them. Will they bother with all the new office space they were taking I wonder

Not a hope I’d say. People might eventually return to the office but it will be 2/3 days a weeks max. I worked for a fintech company that promoted WFH from 2015-2018 and they managed to drop 40% of desk space.

1 Like

It upsets me thinking of all the wacky, contemporary pieces of furniture lying idle in breakout areas.

9 Likes

I wonder are they in leases already

1 Like

Foozeball & Pool tables going unused, as they always were

No one should be going on a fodden holiday during a pandemic. If you’re on the scratch and can afford to go on holiday then something is wrong. It should be stopped during normal times nevermind during a pandemic.

4 Likes

Who are you and what have you done with Mike?

6 Likes