Abortion Referendum Thread

Ask yourself this question.

Your 17 year old daughter comes home one evening & tells you shes pregnant. She’s a good girl who has made a mistake. She hasn’t the ambition to be a mother, wants to go on with her school life or college and simply doesn’t want a child. Again, the boy on the other side feels the same.
Would you feel right telling her A, she must board a flight to the UK for an abortion or B, she must go ahead with the pregnancy?

Essentially, my point here is CHOICE is what i would be voting for here.

2 Likes

Hopefully it would during NFL season so I could bring her to a game in London after the abortion. If not I’d tip up to Liverpool and get a game in there instead.

1 Like

#choices

Exactly… In London you’d have your choice of west end shows also.

1 Like

I’d expect the missus to step in there and handle all that sort of thing.

It’d never be spoken of again, and after a few pints, I’d have convinced myself it was a bad dream and look forward to my present from their girly trip to London.

3 Likes

:rollseyes:

327 posts in two days. Iona & the other lot would be delighted with the lever of interest. Have you nothing better to talk about than continue this tired and boring argument?

1 Like

Nothing boring about taking in a show in London or a Pool match in Liverpool, pal.

1 Like

This seems fairly cynical by the government to me. Looks like they’re hiding behind the Citizens’ Assembly and subsequent Oireachtas Committee work to avoid having a referendum in a reasonable timeframe:

2 Likes

Has the debate taken place yet. Pearse Doherty is ranting on about tax avoidance here at the moment on oireachtas tv.

Coppinger up now on repeal the eight. I’m hoping this gets vicious.

Doesn’t matter. The citizens assembly don’t have to get back to the government for another six months. By the time they get round to it, it will be time for another budget. Enda wants this nicely parcelled and left on Michael Martins desk after the next election.

1 Like

I can count 13 td’s in the dail.

I rest my case

Take the other sock off and keep going. I believe in you.

3 Likes

There is no votes in this matter .

**[quote=“alf_stewart, post:334, topic:23116, full:true”]
I can count 13 td’s in the dail.
[/quote]

That’s cos all the junior ministers got a good deal on an Eir B&B gaff and decided to take it as they can’t claim it back on expenses

No idea what this means! It’s after filling up a bit now anyway.

FG afraid to make a decision because it will affest the rural vote. On the other hand coppinger electioneering to save her own ignorant ass.

Bottom line is that the pro abortionists/feminazi brigade will eventually get their way.

What’s a feminazi?