Abortion Referendum Thread

So for you the celebration of the murder of a child is only an issue if itā€™s hypocritical?

You need to take a good long hard look at yourself. Sit down and speak about this with your wife. Internet victories have become paramount for you.
Iv seen this happen before, its always fascinating

This is very simple stuff mate, try to relax so you can take it in.
You cannot accuse somebody of being hypocritical in this instance if they support the repeal of the 8th amendment, that really shouldnā€™t have required explanation but you did go to a lot of trouble

How did he ensure that? Heā€™s not a judge. He made a statement saying that the perpetrator came from a good family after he was approached to do so. He did not plead for leniency.

:roll_eyes:

Deary me. He got a rapist a lighter sentence. Simple as that.

You have absolutely no idea about that.

The judge handed down the sentence, not Mickey Harte. You donā€™t seem to have any idea how the real world works. Stick to trolling Labour senators.

No surprise to see you support Harte here.

Mickey gave a man who raped a woman and threw her semi naked body out of a van a character reference. The judge took Mickeyā€™s endorsement into account when sentencing thus ensuring this animal got out on the streets earlier.

Iā€™m not supporting Harte on this. Iā€™m having to correct yet another incorrect assertion in your bigoted mind. You are clearly beyond any sort of intelligent interaction.

There is nothing to say what role Mickey Harte had in getting a lenient sentence, that decision came to the judge. He was approached by the family whom he knew well to give a character reference and he said the perpetrator came from a very good family.

Bigoted :laughing:

Read the report you utter gobshite. Pay particular attention to this sectionā€¦

Judge Piers Grant explained in court that the legal guidelines for these type of offences were between one and four years.He then outlined a number of mitigating factors that led him to the sentence he imposed. Among these were references supplied by Mickey Harte, the defendantā€™s ā€œrespectable and responsibleā€ family, the intoxicated state of both parties and the defendantā€™s guilty plea and previously clear record.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/womans-fury-as-sex-attacker-given-reference-by-gaa-boss-harte-is-jailed-for-twoandahalf-years-29102469.html

He said the defendant was from a good family and he knew the family well. Whatā€™s your problem with that?

My problem is that the bloke he said it about was a violent rapist who left a woman for dead.

Harte is a cunt for going in to bat for that animal. It says a lot about you that you see no problem in Harteā€™s actions.

So your problem is with the judge and the judicial system?

Are you clinically fucking thick? :rofl:

1 Like

Nope but I would say itā€™s beyond reasonable doubt that you are.

You were saying earlier that Mickey Harte decided the rapist gets a lighter sentence. He said the defendant came from a good family. What is your problem with that?

Mickey Harte gave a violent rapist a character reference and helped get him a lighter sentence.

He said the rapistā€™s family were well respected in the local community. What is your problem with that?

You seem to have an issue with the judge and judicial system on this one. The sentence for that crime ranges between 1 and 4 years. The defendant got 2.5 years, in the middle of that range and the judge noted that his previously clean record, the fact that he pleaded guilty and expressed remorse, the fact that he came from a good family as Harteā€™s reference noted and the fact that it was under the influence of alcohol impacted on the decisions for the mid range sentencing.

You donā€™t seem to be able to comprehend facts too well.

My issue is with Mickey Harte giving a violent rapist a character reference and helping him get a lighter sentence.

You obviously see no problem with that, which sums you up as a person.

I donā€™t see a problem with a person saying that a family he knew very well were well respected within the community when approached by the family to do so, neither does the law actually.

So youā€™ve no problem with Harte giving a man that raped a woman, threw her out of his van and left her for dead a character reference.

Thanks for clearing that up.

The law doesnā€™t so why would I?

That person served their sentence.

You are a rape apologist so, but we knew that already.