Abortion Referendum Thread

Lads could you take this petty squabbling to PM, it demeans an otherwise adult conversation.

Mickey Harte is a devout Catholic and is following the Catholic teaching on abortion. All devout Catholics like @Cicero_Dandi, @Nembo_Kid, @Il_Bomber_Destro etc. would be expected to do the same. It’s unsurprising that NI Catholics have strong views on this subject as they take their religion more seriously than their southern counterparts.

Why anyone would look to the Roman Catholic church for guidance on a moral issue is an entirely different question. You would simply have to have no ability to think for yourself and ignore the horrendous history of abuse by the church.

3 Likes

I am not.

I abhorr rape and the defendant did a terrible thing but you seem to be posting like some crazed vigilante here as he was convicted and served a custodial sentence in the mid range of sentencing for those crimes.

If you abhorred rape you would condemn Harte for helping get this animal a lighter sentence.

Mickey Harte did not get the defendant a lighter sentence, the judge sentenced him and he sentenced him in the mid range for crimes for that specific crime. If you have an issue with it, take it up with the judge and judicial system.

You seem to have problems understanding basic facts, are you autistic?

He helped influence the judge, you stupid cunt.

It’s in the report, read it. Mickey Harte didn’t give a fuck about the victim but helped get the rapist out earlier than he should.

What’s your issue in him giving a reference to the court of a family he knew well saying that they were well respected within the community?

As I’ve explained to you countless times, he helped get a violent rapist a lighter sentence.

How many times do I have to tell you this before it sinks into your mush of a brain?

Well that is not true. I generally would have problems with swallowing blatant lies like you’re offering up however. Your issue seems to be with judge and the judicial system as they say Mickey Harte did absolutely nothing wrong. He said the defendant was from a good family whom he knew well.

My issue is with Mickey Harte, you thick cunt. He have a character reference to a violent rapist.

You obviously have no problem with this.

100 posts of utter wank.

I disagree with Mickey Harte’s stance, but he’s entitled to an opinion… Any clown could see how women in the north could just spin down the road to have an abortion via bus if they wanted so it does affect the north.

The law has no problem with this.

Harte said the defendant was from a good family whom he knew well. I don’t see anything outrageous about that. The defendant was sentenced within the mid range of sentencing for his crime.

They can have them free on the NHS on the mainland now anyways, so not an issue.

You don’t see anything wrong with giving a rapist a character reference?

Wow.

I don’t see anything wrong with a man saying that a family he knew were well respected within the community when approached to do so. And neither does the law.

So you’re cool with giving a rapist a character reference.

Sums you up.

He said he knew his family and they were well respected within the community. It seems you are some sort of crazed vigilante who has a problem with the law. Mickey Harte didn’t sentence the guy, he didn’t set the laws regarding rape.

Lads, she wasn’t raped.

He should have been tried and sentenced for attempted manslaughter though for throwing an unconscious, disabled, semi naked woman on the side of the road and driving off. The victim has testified that she believed he thought she was dead.

It was an horrendous crime and deserved a much harsher sentence.

Certainly but that has nothing to do with Mickey Harte so won’t invoke Matty’s faux outrage.

Mickey helped get him a lighter sentence.

He said that he knew the defendant’s family and they were well respected within the community. It seems your issue lies with the judge and the judicial system as Mickey Harte didn’t sentence the chap. The sentence handed out was in the mid range of the sentencing for sentences associated with those crimes.

You seem to have a tentative grasp of the real world.