Abortion Referendum Thread

Looking the part @anon61956325.

https://twitter.com/donnchadhol/status/988876922649268224?s=21

1 Like

But why do you think a 12 week limitā€¦ Why donā€™t you trust women after that time period? (this is the same accusation youā€™ve put to me)

Because I believe a developing fetus has some rights, rights that increase with the stage of pregnancy. Less than 12 weeks, I see little difference between a natural abortion and a chosen abortion, you are dealing with a potential life, and the rights of a woman to carry a pregnancy to term or abort trump the rights of the fetus. Again, >90% of all abortions take place during the first trimester.

I agree as time goes on it gets more tricky, especially with modern medicine where a fetus can now survive outside the womb at 22 weeks or so. Unless the motherā€™s life is in danger I see no justification for elective abortion once the fetus is viable, a position most of the civilized world agrees with.

In this day and age I think 12 weeks is sensible.

I agree. However theres nothing setting a 12 week limit in this proposed repeal.

Photoshop was put to the test for that picture.

Youā€™re becoming incredibly:

I). Needy.
ii). Repetetive.
iii).Boring.

Solutions are:

I).Impregnate either Mrs.Sullivan or daughter.
ii). Lose the fucking dog.
iii).Forget about SF.
I know more about them than youā€™ll imagine.
iv). Thereā€™s life outside of TFK - no-one gives a fuck about you anyway.

6 Likes

Ooooft.

He had it coming in fairness.

Hā€™on Galway, thoā€™ those bastards in Dunmore didnā€™t help there tonight.

The proposed legislation is a 12 week limit on elective abortion.

Beyond which abortion would only be legal if the life or health of the mother is in danger, which is essentially the current law anyway. If you get into doubting whether these (rare) cases are valid, then you are doubting the whole medical profession, and not just the motives of pregnant women.

If they could stick to that theres an argument possibly for it, slippery slope though. Not sure how just properly implementing the current legislation wouldnā€™t have sorted this

No, a black day, thats all sorts of wrong

Hey ladā€¦

I never bothered entangling with your ideas previously because I couldnā€™t find a cell in my brain that started with ā€œlabane, never mind 1917ā€.

Well - Fuck meā€¦Itā€™s a placeā€¦A VW Dealer (Quinn? Labane) cropped across my radar today.

1 Like

I assure you I am not him.

Where is your condemnation of the Roma fan who attempted to murder an Irish man last night. Get your priorities in order young man.

The fella with the black cowboy hat standing behind him isnt your regular shinner.

A lot of effort there for someone supposedly so nonchalantā€¦ especially given that you more or less said the same thing a few days ago, but you probably dont remember that.

I can only guess that youā€™re absolutely seething that the fundamentalist Ireland you and your kind created/ harboured is slowly being dismantledā€¦after all, your generationā€™s answer to problems was to lock them away behind big walls or to seek guidance from the pulpit ā€¦ must be tough watching the backlash in your twilight years - like a Nazi on trial at Nuremberg.

I suspect Iā€™ll plough on despite your kind words.

Iā€™ll see you in a few days when you repost the same thing, pal.

That werenā€™t no attempt murder.

Thatā€™s @anon61956325

They were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder mate

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t trust the British Justice System.