Ireland politics (Part 1)

Can these folks now look to take a defamation case against Burton and the State for this farce and the way they way there treated.?

Paul Murphy accusing the Gardai who gave evidence of perjury.

You have seen the video?

Which one the sulkie crash or the video that was used in this farce of a case?

Didn’t the judge direct the jury to dismiss the testimony from the Guards?

Under pressure from the defence she had to I think. A lot of their evidence was contradicted by footage. Joan has a valid reason to hate iPhones now.

And he is right too. 180 Garda statements blown away by a mobile phone video. The Gardai are so incompetent they can’t even stitch people up without making a bollox of it.

5 Likes

Really ? Pretty bad reflection on the Gardai if true.

That’s Paul Murphy’s seat guaranteed at the next election.

Guaranteed forever.

Hope Labour are finished now.

As Joanie said “All of the protesters that I have seen before seem to have extremely expensive phones, tablets, video cameras,”

“There has been the most extensive filming in relation to any of these actions that I have ever seen anywhere.”

And yet knowing this she gave the evidence she did

2 Likes

Should Iphone Joan and Gardai that lied in the trial now be brought up on charges to pervert the course of justice?

2 Likes

@Juhniallio and his cronies will be seething at this verdict.

3 Likes

The fact that this case got as far as it did with the non-admissible evidence does ask a lot of questions.

Was there political pressure put upon the Gardai to frame this incident in a certain manner?

In a normal country yes,but not in Ireland,the law only applies to poor people here.

It’s the quid pro quo that’s been going on for decades. Hopefully coming to an end

The only thing this mess shows is that some of the people running this country are very stupid .

Murphy has kept SF paws off his seat for a few elections .

If there was well they those that did it are thicker that I thought which takes some doing .

Isn’t Zappone in that constituency too? Surely she’s toast after this.

Paul Murphy and Sean Crowe of Sinn Fein both have safe seats in Dublin South-West.