Ireland politics (Part 1)

She is but to be fair she was only went in to government after the incident . I don’t think she depends on working class Tallaght votes truth told .

That said she could still be toast but Jobstown won’t be a factor .

SF eyed a second one here .

@Juhniallio just texted me there. He is seething that these “scumbags” got off

8 Likes

I thought Zappone needed leftie transfers in the last election to pip a FG candidate for the last seat?

Maybe but I can’t see how today will alter that . Maybe she might lose them after been seen to have “taken the soup”

This made me laugh. Good man.

2 Likes

@Myboyblue must apoplectic at this verdict in the courts. :slight_smile:

1 Like

its a great little joke of a country all the same

It will be after her evidence at the trial.

Anyone who was found to be lying at the trial should be sacked from their positions with immediate effect. The fact that a 180 or so Gardai got up on the stand and lied in their evidence should be grounds for instant dismissal. Joan Burton should be horsed out of the Dail by the scruff of the neck and lose all pension and privileges the lying bitch.

3 Likes

Think it was about 20 or so cops. The best thing that Murphy could do now is to seek the transcript of the trial and publish it on his website, then send transcript to GSOC.

So Sean Fitzpatrick and the Jobstown crew all acquited . The incompetent state prosecution does not discriminate on class or wealth .

A true republic .

1 Like

You’d have to be some ape to end up in jail in this country

2 Likes

Barring you are caught bang to rights .

Just back up the jeep for fuck sake :rollseyes:

2 Likes

Jaysus that’s damning in fairness.

It was fucking ridiculous bringing it to a criminal court in the first place. Bring them to the district court, fine them and let them fuck off

@artfoley, did you see the quotes from the judge’s summing up yesterday where she said the Gardaí evidence was not consistent with the footage taken? Surely her comments to that effect should have been enough for her to call a halt and throw out the prosecution case? I guess it’s probably ultimately more satisfying to be completely exonerated by your peers though. I was surprised when I read this morning that the jury had asked to review footage again as I thought the judge’s comments were more or less guiding them to the not guilty verdict and I didn’t think they’d need to see it again. They must just have wanted to be sure to be sure.

It wouldn’t fill you with confidence that the Kinehan cartel can be brought to justice .

It would seem that way alright. The other point is that the gardai colluded on witness statements,one of the reasons that the seanie prosecutions was thrown. From what I’ve see of the evidence it would seem to me that the case should never gone to jury(noting one prosecution was kicked before jury)

The transcript will make for very interesting reading

1 Like