Ireland politics (Part 1)

Like all the Fingal lads on here? You gotta be kidding me

1 Like

Heard a bit of it in the car there, a stuttering, bumbling mess of an interview.

Depends on the house, wife and kids bud.

5 Likes

Cathal Mac Coille disgraced himself as well. Going on about how this gives carte Blanche to protesters to use rude words that rhyme with pitch.

2 Likes

:joy:

Up your bollox, Cathal.

2 Likes

Just listening to it now on newstalk on pat kenny.

The line of questioning of Murphy/Mick Barry has been bizarre. Paul Williams was saying the carry on of the defendants during the trial was tantamount to contempt and if it were anyone else (I assume he means anyone outside of the left) that were doing it there would have been uproar in the media.

And he didn’t comment on behavior of the Gardai and other witnesses who either got confused, embellished or blatanty lied on the stand when giving evidence.

The rage of the lickspittle media dickheads is a joy to behold.

Interesting tweet from Paul Murphy. He was invited to do a long form interview on the Seán O’Rourke show this morning but on the proviso they’d get his first detailed reaction and he wouldn’t speak to the likes of Drivetime yesterday. So he turned down yesterday’s requests and agreed to do the Seán O’Rourke show but they cancelled on him this morning. I guess RTÉ have definitively decided their editorial position on this now.

1 Like

As I said yesterday, it’s quite telling that RTE wouldn’t have Murphy on live on either the news or Prime Time. Instead they just broadcast highlights, which according to Murphy were heavily edited.

It’s actually hilarious how terrified RTE are of Murphy.

1 Like

I’d say they are terrified of him pointing out the perjury etc. They’d have to report it then

Plus ca change.

Indeed, chaps. So the mainstream media and the establishment have 2 main takeaways from this trial:

1. They weren’t found guilty but it was still very nasty stuff altogether;

2. That social media #JobstownNotGuilty campaign was absolutely scandalous.

Those working class bastards standing up for themselves. If I was working class then I’d be seething.

6 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

I can understand mainstream media hating social media as it’s a threat to their own existence. The issue they conveniently ignore is people are moving away from them because they can’t be trusted to provide the facts. Understandable for certain sections like INM but RTE should at least try and be a bit more impartial.

2 Likes

Some Fine Gael cunt called Barry Ward just said on the Sean O’Rourke show: “there’s no doubt these people were acting in a particular way”.

Oh no, that old “acting in a particular way” crime.

Translation:

“OK, after years of smears against the protestors, we’ve finally been forced to accept they did nothing wrong, but look, they weren’t behaving in a way that nice, respectable, middle class people would behave. They were a bit uncouth. And that’s almost as big a crime as what we tried to frame them for, isn’t it? Isn’t it?”

6 Likes

Sinn Fein were the biggest winners yesterday. The Irish Labour party has destroyed whatever credibility they had left.

I normally don’t mind Coleman but lost a lot of time for him this morning listening to that. I thought he was going to start crying at one stage, insisting the real story was some lad from Jobstown didn’t fully respect the court system in Ireland and not that 20 fat pigs lied and colluded and perjured themselves because another fat pig didn’t have the gumption to put his jeep into reverse and take a different road when he was transporting yet another fat pig around Tallaght.

I feel like @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy at times with my loathing of aspects of Irish society.

3 Likes

Coleman went into absolute meltdown this morning .
Like you I’d have a bit of time for him but of late he seems to have lost it a bit.
I’d love to hear the conversation during ad breaks. It’s quite clear he despises Williams