Ireland politics (Part 1)

I always initially misread her name as Catherine No-one.

I always do it intentionally

2 Likes

Snowflakes.

Sure the lovely pharmacist Kate had yer man Barry Walsh forced out of the FG national executive a few months ago for his bullying and misogynistic targeting of women on twitter. It’s to see such high jinks in my two favourites parties.

No word from the establishment lickspittles @tallback, @Juhniallio, @Fagan_ODowd and @TheUlteriorMotive

1% is an extortionate rate Tim. How do you propose we right this incredible injustice and get it closer to zero?

Sigh.

You can’t compare the blueshirts to Nazis

1 Like

Dead right. They wore beige and grey uniforms

Ellen Coyne has destroyed Varadkar, the Strategic Communications Unit and the government this week over their attempts (successful in some cases) to get newspapers to run paid for advertorials as genuine news stories in relation to the 2040 infrastructure plan.

Will he apologise?

Will he fuck

3 Likes

I don’t think this story has got much traction at all outside political anoraks, probably because of the weather week that was in it.

Jim O’Callaghan was on RTE yesterday positively seething at this and how the gov were handling the snow I.e loads of ministers getting loads of good publicity at emergency centres etc due to the overall excellent state response. He was having one long whine about it being political stunts and it just wasn’t fair (on FF)

He seems to have forgotten two things, firstly that it’s all straight from the FF playbook and secondly in 2010 the then FF gov and minister Noel Dempsey made an unholy fuck-up of the snow weather when given the same opportunity

3 Likes

If only Jim and FF were in a position to do anything about this.

Must be awful for them to have no power.

Noel Dempsey. Christ, he was stone useless as a Minister. And then walked away first chance he got when FF were facing annihilation in 2011. With a bumper pension obviously.

2 Likes

I always thought he was a nasty bit of work. There was a touch of the Ivory Callaly about him but he was even more of a conniving cunt

Sound man actually. Superb road improvements around Meath under his watch. cc @mickee321

3 Likes

yes im really beginning to appreciate him since i moved over
if we still had him we’d have that train from Navan to trim and dunshaughlin

1 Like

I nearly slammed the car into Jack Quinn’s wall years ago full to the gills, it’s a pleasure to drive that road now.