Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

Wasn’t he dropped off the caaark panel there a few years back in his prime?

Didn’t he go to play AFL for a while but came home cos he missed his Mammies cooking or something like that?

Yeah that’s it, a few caaark fellas been sent home from oz now to their Mammy’s - Shields, Sheehan, O hAilpin x2, Colin Corkery

1 Like

Philly softened Shields cough fairly lively around 2010 with a few solids into the gob in the tunnel leading under the Hogan Stand at half time.

I’d forgotten about that, good scrap if I remember right, and the two of them walked off together after a warm handshake at the end of the match,
Shields is a tough enough fucker

So who won the fight?

Not tough enough for pro sports

2 Likes

The Choice by TKO

All sent home with tae in their mugs by the aussies

That’s a cracker :grinning:

Shields won on points @anon70480284

Shields is a “tough enough fucker” alright :roll_eyes::joy:

Ah he didn’t. They flaked the shit out if each other and then then got on with it

What’s your view in Shields football career Kev? He rarely let Cork down in my memory.

Shields was and is an outstanding footballer. Like many cork players a low level of Football intelligence within management cost him his best.

He was never a full back till he became a Senior. He played midfield to Minor and then half back.

I’M sorry they were not able to give him a go next year at no.11.

Shields was a very skillful player who was never really able to show his true ability

5 Likes

See above but he owes cork nothing.

Carried the team more than once.

Grossly underused

Why was he dropped off the panel a few years ago Kev?

Jesus mate, you come across as an awful baby with regard to anything Cork. :grinning:
He was never really ‘dropped’ off the Cork panel,

I don’t mind Caaark bayyy

That was a brief , sharp and very understated trading of blows.both went toe to toe ,philly landed the better shots and the two went into respective dressing rooms and no more about it…think it started because shields nudged connolly going into tunnel at half time…shields was a fine IC footballer in his prime. That cork fullback line was naively left exposed a lot of the time and hard for anyone to play there no matter how good they were…

2 Likes

You gets fierce excited about it mate, I’d say the four Cork posters here are wound up something terrible by you and the other lads with the complex