Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

Ok mate he is an amateur sports man. No need to bring up off the field stuff

3 Likes

Dermo only having 2 All-Stars was a bit of a surprise to me.

poor is nearly too kind a description for the kerry teams of the 1988 to 1995 era! though they were capable of rising to beat Cork like they did in 1991 and again in 1992 but on reflection , Cork were no great shakes either of them years

Fitzgerald stadium was rocking in 1991 , roof nearly came off the stand when John Cronin got the goal that beat Cork, kerry were given no chance in that match, Cork had beaten them out the gate in PUC the year before. Fitzgerald oozed class on bad kerry teams

That isn’t my point . The issue is that bar a rare exception no player will reach their potential . They will always be what ifs.

Connolly has an amazing medal haul . He was a class player .

I am not really disputing any point with you ashman

just felt the need to point out how poor kerry were in that era, how good fitzgerald was and how i enjoyed 1991 in killarney

The muldoons hated him

1 Like

His parents are muldoons ??

Muldoons don’t care about that.

1 Like

The gahliban have a weird obsession about where a players parent was from.

Do other sports do this or it just amateur ones

2 Likes

The FAI would pay fairly close attention to where players’ parents and grandparents are from.

12 Likes

Ones born in Ireland? Seems unlikely

Yes. Football has a massive obsession with where their parents are from. Only for it the national team would struggle to field a team

Rock me mamma like a Wagon Wheel…

when watching a shamrock rovers celtic roma st pauli or FC Higgins game have i ever pondered where a players parent is from

1 Like

For decades Irish soccer has sustained itself on searching where players parents and even grandparents come from .

So to answer your question - yes .

thats one team mate, there are 100000s o football teams that dont

Disappointing to see a few fellas her advocate Ireland turn its back on their diaspora.

1 Like

Who said that ???

You disgust me.

Do you support any good teams at all?