Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

Who?

There’s a couple of clues there bud. Poster being a little lax with the interpretation of Stars but let’s put it aside in the spirit of goodwill.
I must confess to having never heard of him either fwiw.

1 Like

Eoiny played for Oireland.

1 Like

inane enough quip at the end

4 Likes

And why start off with just.

In fairness he changed the game of hurling for ever

3 Likes

And what’s the opportunity? A tweet? Hardly an opportunity if it’s an app sitting on your phone you can use at any time? And who cares? I never felt the need to publicly announce I’d (been) retired from Astro.

1 Like

They had to change the rules to stop him.

Gimp

I’d say he was the longest serving intercounty hurler that played in this years championship. Played against Waterford in 2007 when Donal og was suspended from semplegate.

Callinan, Kevin Moran and Joe Canning around since 2008

It was such a feature and novelty that season as JBM worked near a minor miracle to get that team so close to Liam McCarthy

In fairness to Nash, he did bring about a rule change in the game of hurling which is quite a claim to fame. He has done the right thing to move along, next season may have been a season too far for him as Cork look at other options

4 Likes

Moran first played for Waterford in 2006, in the league though he didn’t break into the championship team until 2008. He should have been sent off in the 08 final but Barry Kelly took pity on him.

He was cheating.

1 Like

He was bending the rules like all good sports people do.

1 Like

I think Nash was on the Cork panel from 2005. Didn’t really play much until Donal Og retired through injury in 2012.

For the bones of 40 years they have only had three different starting championship keepers. Martin Coleman came on v Galway in 2008 but don’t recall him starting a championship match.

Clare have had 5 since Davy called it a day in 2007

Matthew Whelan made his debut in 2007, reckon he saw time against Clare but wouldnt swear on it

1 Like

Yeah my memory of Nash is him waiting for donkeys years for Cusack to finally feck off.

Yeah, he was held in high regard before he ever got his chance. I wasn’t his biggest fan but when he had his eye in his puckouts were outstanding and from the bits I’ve heard he worked very hard on his craft.