Rip Jonah Lomu

Mike Catt - Door mat.

1 Like

RIP Jonah.

There was no better sight in rugby than when Lomu ran over the English lads. He was a freak of nature with the size and power such a pity to see him brought by illness and taken so young.

RIP Big Jonah.

I am truly shocked and saddened by this news.

And the reaction afterwards from Will Carling describing him as a ‘freak’.

Some good stories from planet rugby

“Just heard Clive Woodward on Radio 4 telling a story about how he was in the ENgland dressing room before an All Blacks game whereby he was giving a pep talk to the team, telling them that he would not have selected any All Black over any of the men in that room. Will Greenwood sticks his hand up and asks “Can we swap Austin Healey for Jonah Lomu”?”

“I remember in 1995 a local radio station had a call-in program before the RWC final dedicated to ways to stop Lomu. One guy reckoned there is only one way: 140kg of pure evil venom… his mother-in-law.”

2 Likes

Steedman :clap: :ronnyroar:

2 Likes

Steedman doing it for the skinny lads. :ronnyroar:

1 Like

Eh…

What’s the significance of his school sports’ day results?

That he mullered everyone else in the school at pretty much everything. And that he was a freak when he was a teenager, thereby debunking the beliefs of other that drugs may have been at play, ie that horrible cunt @lazarus

1 Like

Must be the time difference at play.

Eh maybe he was doing drugs in his early youth like Mythi.

Lomu played in a non vintage era for the All Blacks. Just 71% win rate. I think the All Blacks average is around 75%. It’s been 90% for the last few years.

Yea, wesley rugby school in the 80’s would have been up there with the Barcelona doping academy of the 00’s.

Rugby is riddled with drugs, mate.

Barcelona are an outlier in the sport of football when it comes to doping.

I think you’re giving 1980’s New Zealand a little too much credit there, they barely had electricity.

1 Like

Almeyda denies he ever took part in any match fixing, but he suspects several of his team-mates did during a match between Parma and Roma in 2001, a result which meant the latter pipped Juventus to the title.
“Some companions in Parma told us that the Roma players wanted us to lose the game,” he wrote. “I said ‘no’ and the majority responded that way, but on the field I saw that some did not run as usual so I asked to be substituted and went in the locker room. Money? I do not know, they called it a favour…”

Roma attacking winger Giammario Piscitella, who is on loan in Lega Pro with Pistoiese, has failed a doping test.

http://www.football-italia.net/62535/roma-youth-fails-doping-test

2 Likes

I wouldnt entertain him Tim. Lets just remember the phenom that was Jonah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ct5R6hWkuA

3 Likes

Almeyda is an alcoholic who pissed away his fortune.

Well done the authorities and Italian FA on their fight against doping. The amount of players we’ve caught after coming over from Spain is to be commended.

1 Like