Rip Off Ireland - A thread for rip offs

anybody purchasing a flat screen TV from Argos deserves to be fleeced.

I did.
Went to a few places looking for a nice Samsung LCD TV and Argos were the cheapest. Then I found out that I could have driven to Newry bought it there and stoped off on the way back for a weekend of beer and dinner at a hotel for the same price as I bought it for here.

Yours etc,
GSH.

[quote=“Garda Sean Horgan”]I did.
Went to a few places looking for a nice Samsung LCD TV and Argos were the cheapest. Then I found out that I could have driven to Newry bought it there and stoped off on the way back for a weekend of beer and dinner at a hotel for the same price as I bought it for here.

Yours etc,
GSH.[/quote]

:eek:

Are all electrical goods in Argos not hugely over priced compared to most stores in Ireland?

What do Argos charge for mattresses? Or Ikea for that fact? Any difference in price?

Another reason why I’mm be doing all my Christmas shopping in Derry this year.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is being sold for 64.99 in gamestop. it’s 44.99 in smyths though so you would think that you’re getting a deal.

It’s 26 sterling up north. Thats about 28 euro. Thats a crazy amount of difference to be charging down here.
I did all my shopping up in Derry last year and got stuff in boots for 60 quid less than then 3 items would have cost down here.

After the government coming out saying we need to stop people going up North I think they need to sort out what the lads down here are charging.

They can bite me and if I can get out of buying that pre-order I will.

Yours in rage,
GSH.

The Russian State Ballet’s sumptuous production of Swan Lake, stall ticket €90 + €5.95 in Docklands Theatre Dublin

The Russian State Ballet’s sumptuous production of Swan Lake, stall ticket £32 + £2.75 in New Theatre Wimbledon London

:rolleyes:

Not being a homosexual…Priceless

Do you mean to tell me such evocative words like Sadler’s Wells, Old Vic, Bolshoi, Nureyev etc. mean nothing to you, Runt?

Text messages must be one of the greatest rip-offs in the history of man.

A text costs something in the region of one quarter of a cent each for the network, making the mark up somewhere in the region of 5,000%

A rip-off to beat most rip-offs

Lads
Just back in the apartments bar there after going to an all you can eat place .
5 people, 4 pints of beer, 2 ciders, a coke and 2 glasses of wine along with the dinner. €67

2 Likes

Are your kids of drinking age?

Nobody cares about your family holiday, Mike.

Eldest is over here. 17. She takes a drink at home anyway which I’ve no issue with

2 Likes

You obviously do if you’re posting here

Is it like being in a different country Mike?

6 Likes

The average salary in Ireland is over 2.5 times that of Portugal, Mike. Do you expect food and drink to be the same price in both countries?

Ok guys- Mike has had a rough past year and is now enjoying a well deserved family holiday. No need to be snarly with him

15 Likes

Would I be right in saying the beer was ill divid amongst the 5 people?

Aaaah, that’d be an ecumenical matter Ted

2 Likes

Enjoy your hols mike. Fcuk the begrudgers

4 Likes