Road to WrestleMania XXIX

Hell in a Cell starts now on Sky Sports 1. Will Punk Retain?

It’s on Sky???

Was under the impression it was PPV. :popcorn: :strokechin:

Still have 4 a year non ppv.

Signing in then, mate.

The main even will be genuinely intriguing how it unfolds. First time in a while a main event feels new and fresh.

Rhodes and Sandow beat Kane and Daniel Bryan there but crucially via DQ. How would Powers settle that out of interest considering Rhodes and Sandow were at least 2/1 outsiders? Presume they’d void either side.

Frog boy Miz, this guy’s act is old. You’d almost feel sorry for him, main eventing Mania last year as WWE champion and retaining but has been consigned to mid card mediocrity ever since. He will never emulate those heights again.

What is Dean Ambrose up to and when in the fuck are they going to debut him??

Big Show new Heavyweight champion beating Sheamus. :frowning: :rolleyes:

I really enjoyed the main event last night. Opinions…

Thoughts on the PPV:

What a ridiculously cheap way to end a valuable undefeated streak.
I half expect them to declare it a no contest on RAW and that there will be a rematch at Survivor Series.
They did well enough to make Ryback shine otherwise.

I thought the WHC match was good. Surprised they took the title from Sheamus,

Other than that it was a poor enough PPV.

Yes it was a shit PPV as was to be expected. We seem to say this all too often now, i remember a time when every match on every PPV was of the highest calibre. Think they called it ‘the attitude era’. :strokechin:

On the main event:

They were backed into a corner with the stipulation but i thought it was very clever what they did. They still managed to keep Ryback super strong looking and let Punk retain which was going to be the tricky thing to do. It was a very heelish scenario with the cheap win and the scene afterwards with Ryback destroying the ref and then on top of the hell in the cell with Punk was exellent. I was wondering if the cell would collapse but they have these well reinforced now these days. There was some drop off it, they seem to be making them taller nowadays as well. They have set up weeks of storylines now with this. Those undefeated streaks are bad news anyway, they should make no more of it now. You have to lose at some point and if they make too much of it when the guy does lose it killed his momentum. They did it with Goldberg and he looked weak then when it came to an end and you weren’t interested anymore.

They went on top of the cell in the very first hell in a cell Dunph.

I know it has been done before, just saying it was good this time and the cell looks bigger.

I didn’t set this match but I think I’d be safe in saying it wasn’t as good as the first one. The first one will never be matched.

Kane v Undertaker was first hell in a cell wasn’t it?

Michaels v Undertaker. Michaels was unreal in it. Kane made his debut with some outside interference.

Ah yeah that was it. It’s hard to top any of those matches from that era. We are in a PG era now and Ryback is not a Shawn Michaels or Undertaker.

Anyone signing in for Raw tonight from Ric Flaris home town? Starts in 5mins thanks to the clocks going back and us only being 4hrs ahead of the US now.

Anyone care to offer me a price on Dolph Ziggler cashing in MITB tonight?

Seeing as Dolph lied last night saying he would cash it in id he is very likely to tonight.

I wonder what Brad Maddox will say tonight.

Here comes Cm Hobo.

Punk kicking off the show tonight.:slight_smile: