Roger Federer GOAT - Record Breaking 8 Times Championship Winner

Want to go back and count Nadals again? Your missing 4

I said he missed 6 with injury, you must be a bit slow on the uptake and it’s risible that you’re asking me to count again when you can’t even count the number of slams Murray has missed with injury.

Name the 6 slams murray has missed?

Murray has missed the following with injury:

French: 2007, 2013, 2018
US: 2017
Wimbledon: 2007
Australian: 2018

Nadal has missed the following through injury:

Australian: 2013, 2016
Wimbledon: 2009, 2016
US: 2012, 2014

Go get an abacus because you can’t count for shit.

Get an abacus yourself while you’re at it. You didn’t count Nadal missing the 2004 French Open and 2004 Championship.

Why can’t you be honest with the forum?

I’m being honest with the forum, you’re not.

You need to learn how to read. Nadal did not miss those tournaments through injury, his management team were protecting a 17 year old.

2004 FO
2004 Wim
2006 AO
2009 Wim
2012 US
2013 AO
2014 US
2016 Wim

Nadal missed the French Open in 2004 and the Championship in 2004 with an ankle injury. He played the two Grand Slams immediately prior to those two - US Open in 2003 and Australian Open in 2004. After the Australian Open in 2004, he played Indian Wells and Miami in 2004 - actually beat Federer for the first time at Miami in 2004 to break into the World Top 32.

I’ve caught you out very badly lying here, claiming his absence from the French Open and The Championship in 2004 was down to his management team protecting a 17 year old.

All you’re doing yourself is telling lies, that’s not catching me out.

No you’re lying. You said Nadal has only missed 6 Grand Slams through injury:

Australian: 2013, 2016
Championship: 2009, 2016
US: 2012, 2014

I pulled you up on your omission of the 2004 French Open and 2004 Championship.

I’ve clarified the 2004 ones, you’re telling lies.

You have been caught out. :joy:

No, you’re lying.

‘Who knows what would have happened if he was injury-free…’. How many times we heard it about Rafael Nadal, a tennis player who won much but who also paid over the years the physical energy he has always spent.

His career saw him suffer injuries almost every year, except for 2015 where he had what described as a “mental injury”, the fact of being unable to control emotions in the important moments. We start by 2003: at the age of 17 Nadal suffers from an elbow injury during a practice in Manacor, it forces him to withdraw from what was planned to be his first Grand Slam in career, Roland Garros.

2004: scafoid stress fracture during Estoril event. Two months of break that force him to skip the most important events of the season: Roland Garros, Wimbledon and Athens Olympics.
2005: left foot injury, three months out of competition and withdrawal from Paris Masters and ATP Finals.

He also suffers knee injury in October during Madrid Masters, that however managed to win after a remarkable final against Ljubicic. 2006: he has an issue on the soles of the left foot that cause a one month break and the withdrawal from the Australian Open.

A back injury does not allow him to continue the match against Hewitt at The Queen’s Club after winning the title of all the most important clay-courts events. The treatment gives the results he hoped for and reaches his first Wimbledon final, plays ATP Finals for the first time ever losing to Roger Federer in the semifinals.

2007: new year new injury. Rafa suffers cramps to his left arm that make him lose strength and precision, another issue that adds to the usual knee injury. However Nadal does not panick: 'The only injury I had this year was knee’s.

There isn’t any reason to get worried and to be honest my career isn’t in danger.’ 2008: a tendon knee injury forces him withdraw from his quarter-finals Match against Davydenko in Paris Bercy.

In this case the problem requires time to heal, so withdraws from ATP Finals after a very tiring season where he played 111 matches. He can definitely consolate with the fact that became World No. 1 for the first time in his career.

2009: tendon issue on both knees. The loss to Robin Soderling is the first one at the Roland Garros for Rafa, who skips Wimbledon as well. But 31 May will remain forever in the tennis history. In the same year he will suffer abdominal issues during US Open, although he still manages to reach the semifinals losing to Del Potro.

2010: once again a knee injury, this time against Andy Murray at the Australian Open in the quarter-finals. A match played at a high intensity but that sees Rafa give up down 6-4 7-5 3-0. Nadal will recover very great in one of the most important seasons for him.

2011: adductor problem during Australian Open against Ferrer. Rafa remains on court until tue end of the match and during a medical time out is in tears. 2012: it’s the biggest injury Rafa ever had in his career.

He starts to have knee issues already during Roland Garros that he will win. But in Wimbledon the five-sets loss to Lukas Rosol is his last match of the season. 2014: the back injury comes in the worst moment, during the Australian Open final.

‘It hurt me more losing this final instead of the 2012’s one against Djokovic’, Nadal said after the match. 2014: The wrist was one of the Fewer parts of Rafa’s body that were not affected, but it ended in 2014 when the Spaniard player gets injured during a practice session and withdraws from Toronto, Cincinnati and US Open.

He will return to compete in Beijing. 2016: we come to our days and the issue is still the wrist, that starts to bother him after Australian Open. He has treatments until April, then withdraws from Roland Garros and Wimbledon.

Comes back at the Olympics, loses to Pouille at the US Open and ends the season earlier.

1 Like

I’m not the one who has been caught out. You’re the one with egg on their face.

Yes, he was a 17 year old being managed by his team.

Sounds like his team were managing him by pulling out of tournaments he was injured for, good management

Either that or he was lying about bring injured.

Yes, his team were managing a 17 year and looking out for him.