Roger Federer GOAT - Record Breaking 8 Times Championship Winner

Agassi tagged on two Australian Open’s in his 30’s back in the day’s when most of the top players didn’t take Australia seriously. He beat Arnaud Clement and Rainer Schuttler in those two finals.

A serious force still into his 30’s, well observed.

I’ve no idea what sort of point you’re trying to make.

Are you advancing the proposition that Andre Agassi is the greatest tennis player ever?

Signing in. Roger is one of the only uberdominant fellas in a sport that you could stomach. I’d love if he got it together to beat Djokovic.

Signing in, again

Signing in, again.

1 Like

Delighted for him, I hope he blows that drug taking fuckwit to kingdom come. He’s a hero for the ages Roger, one more time, with feeling.

2 Likes

The

3 Likes

I never knew he had 2 sets of twins, under the age of 5. Now obviously he has a bit of help there for the good wife, but still, good jaysus.

Federer is asked about the possibility of meeting Rafael Nadal in the final for the first time in six years. “It’s real now. I can actually talking about playing a finals for the first time. I’ve been dodging that bullet for the last couple of days. But this is the last one. I’ll leave it all out here in Australia and if I can’t walk for another five months, that’s ok. Rafa is the biggest challenge. This court allows me to be offensive. I’m probably his number one fan. We’ve had some epic battles over the years. It would be unreal to play here. I don’t think both of us though we were going to be here potentially playing in the final because I went to open his academy in Mallorca with him a few months back and I told him ‘I wish we could do a charity match or something’, but I was on one leg and he had the wrist injury and we were playing some mini tennis with some juniors and we were like ‘it’s the best we can do right now’. A few months later, we are maybe going to be in the finals. It’s a very special tournament for us already.”

7 Likes

Roger is a gent

5 Likes

Rooting for him this weekend. A class act.

1 Like

Smart lorrying of the pressure onto Nadal’s bulked up shoulders and forearms.

Great thread.

Let’s hope for a 5 setter here guys

1 Like

Roger does have the bonus of a day extra to recover. It was unfortunate he couldn’t close it out in 3 yesterday and I would have concerns, pushing 36 as to the cumulative effects of two five setters over the last week against Nishikori and Stan.

In his veteran years, a 5 set win has very often taken a heavy toll and has been followed by up a surprise defeat. He will be underdog going into the final on Sunday though.

2013 French - beat Gilles Simon in 5, lost next round to Tsonga
2014 US - beat Monfils in 5, lost next round to Cilic
2016 Championship - beat Cilic in 5, lost next round to Raonic.

Whatever happens Sunday guys, we know our man is clean.

No coincidence that the 2 biggest Nadal supporters on this forum are also the 2 biggest Italian football fans.

4 Likes

They are very outspoken though on the issue of doping in Spanish sport.

Great support from the Nadal camp this morning when their man was under the cosh for much of the match. @anon32894817 finally emerged as Dimitrov was wilting physically in the 5th set and Nadal broke to go 5-4 up. @Special_Olympiakos waited until after the match was won before appearing.

1 Like

Nadal is the icon for clean tennis. A humble man who does not cheat and lie on baseline calls. Nadal is the greatest of all time and you cardigans need to accept that.

1 Like

It’s important to be there for the finish Geoff. Something you probably can’t relate to after your marathon exploits.

2 Likes